Red seal $5 1953-C

Old September 10th 03, 06:04 PM
Rhonda

Default Red seal $5 1953-C

This really is the first I've ever seen of them, I suppose though I'm
just wondering about their significance. Is there any value to them?
I've searched around a bit, and I've the most I've ever seen them go
for is maybe $10 or so. The one I've got is pretty worn, but it's not
discolored. The face of Lincoln isn't as clear as it could be.
Old September 12th 03, 08:07 PM
Coin Saver

From: marlofan
Rhonda wrote: Is there any value to the Red seal $5 1953-C Note?

Hi...in circulated grades and with no star in the serial number your note does

not have any collector value.

I must slightly disagree.
It's true that most Dealers won't bother with them, and that the Note won't
realize much more than about $3 over Face Value; but to say that they have no
collector value is a statement too oversimplified to be correct.

As a matter of fact, I happen to know of a few people who *do* collect them,
and sometimes do pay a few bucks over face for them - my Mother is one of them.

8-/

Coin Saver

1999 Coke "3 Polar Bears with Grey Seal" Collector Tin J.R. Sinclair General 0 August 16th 04 05:57 AM
FA: 1953 Wonders of the World & album flump Cards:- non-sport 0 May 27th 04 09:34 PM
FS: 1953 Military Hockey Photo J.R. Sinclair General 0 March 21st 04 06:38 AM
Red Seal $2 Christine11276 Paper Money 6 August 16th 03 04:17 AM
FS: $1 silver certificates, $2 red seal, $5 red seal US currency CHEAP John Coins 1 August 9th 03 05:05 AM