ebay feedback

Old June 1st 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

Default ebay feedback

The fact that buyers can only receive positive feedback has resulted in this
scumbag seller receiving a richly deserved negative, he bought the note off
ebay a few weeks back, "improved" it and listed it for sale at a higher
grade, not the first time he has done so.

If the new feedback policy had been in force a long time ago this seller
would be naru by now.

It looks ironed in the pic and if the buyer had done some homework they
would not have been stung. Billy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=200211026147

Old June 1st 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"note.boy" wrote in message

It looks ironed in the pic and if the buyer had done some homework they
would not have been stung. Billy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=200211026147

You mean - eBay's new policy may actually improve the market place? *gasp*

We really should boycott...

Old June 1st 08, 07:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

As there are many more bad sellers than there are bad buyers I think that it
does, amazing isn't it.

Scumbag sellers will now receive the feedback buyers were afraid of giving
fearful or a retaliatory negative.

Bad sellers should soon receive a flood of negs and as the % is now
calculated for the last 12 months their % should hopefully plunge to a level
that will cause even the most reckless bidder to think twice about bidding.
Billy

Old June 1st 08, 08:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"note.boy" wrote in message
The fact that buyers can only receive positive feedback has resulted in
this scumbag seller receiving a richly deserved negative, he bought the
note off ebay a few weeks back, "improved" it and listed it for sale at a
higher grade, not the first time he has done so.

If the new feedback policy had been in force a long time ago this seller
would be naru by now.

It looks ironed in the pic and if the buyer had done some homework they
would not have been stung. Billy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=200211026147

Read the feedback left by raffzahn as a buyer for that transaction. You
will find that it says "This comment has been removed by eBay" and is now
listed as a positive.

James

Old June 1st 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
Phil DeMayo

On Jun 1, 3:03�pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

Read the feedback left by raffzahn as a buyer for that transaction. �You
will find that it says "This comment has been removed by eBay" and is now
listed as a positive.

I believe you meant to type "left for raffzahn"

The feedback could not have been listed as anything but a positive on
the date it was left. The seller obviously left an extremely negative
comment, which eBay removed....probably after the buyer complained.
Old June 1st 08, 08:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

"Phil DeMayo" wrote in message
On Jun 1, 3:03?pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

Read the feedback left by raffzahn as a buyer for that transaction. ?You
will find that it says "This comment has been removed by eBay" and is now
listed as a positive.

I believe you meant to type "left for raffzahn"

The feedback could not have been listed as anything but a positive on
the date it was left. The seller obviously left an extremely negative
comment, which eBay removed....probably after the buyer complained.

I had wondered if bad sellers would be able to leave a positive but with
very negative comments, it appears that they can't but I wonder if the buyer
has to complain to have it removed.

The seller should have been naru a long time ago. Billy

Old June 1st 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

"note.boy" wrote in message

"Phil DeMayo" wrote in message
On Jun 1, 3:03?pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

Read the feedback left by raffzahn as a buyer for that transaction. ?You
will find that it says "This comment has been removed by eBay" and is now
listed as a positive.

I believe you meant to type "left for raffzahn"

The feedback could not have been listed as anything but a positive on
the date it was left. The seller obviously left an extremely negative
comment, which eBay removed....probably after the buyer complained.

I had wondered if bad sellers would be able to leave a positive but with
very negative comments, it appears that they can't but I wonder if the
buyer has to complain to have it removed.

The seller should have been naru a long time ago. Billy

I have now noticed a change to the bad seller's feedback.

Many of the items he received feedback for were "private" and could not be
viewed, now none are private, presumably this change was made by ebay.
Billy

Old June 1st 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"Phil DeMayo" wrote in message
On Jun 1, 3:03?pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

Read the feedback left by raffzahn as a buyer for that transaction. ?You
will find that it says "This comment has been removed by eBay" and is now
listed as a positive.

I believe you meant to type "left for raffzahn"

Ugh. I humbly sit corrected. Let's see, what goes best with crow...
ketchup, mustard?

Thanks for the catch, Phil.

James

Old June 4th 08, 10:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
clarkent

Mr. Jaggers wrote:
"Phil DeMayo" wrote in message
On Jun 1, 3:03?pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

Read the feedback left by raffzahn as a buyer for that transaction. ?You
will find that it says "This comment has been removed by eBay" and is now
listed as a positive.

I believe you meant to type "left for raffzahn"

Ugh. I humbly sit corrected. Let's see, what goes best with crow...
ketchup, mustard?

Thanks for the catch, Phil.

James

Maybe someone here can explain the point of a seller leaving feedback at
all, if you are allowed to leave only positive feedback? I was looking
forward to not having to leave feedback, but I see I am still expected
to do so. It seems like a pointless exercise if I am only allowed to
leave positive feedback. I have only left one negative to a buyer. He
was the rudest, most unpleasant person I have ever had the misfortune of
dealing with on ebay. I thought the whole idea was to warn other ebay
members about possible problem users.
--

Best Regards, O.E.Pepper

"Behind every successful man is a very surprised mother-in-law"

http://www.peppercoins.50megs.com/index.html
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZoepepperQQhtZ-1
Old June 4th 08, 12:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"clarkent" wrote in message
Mr. Jaggers wrote:
[...]

Even though we give lip service to the phrase, "The customer is always
right", imagine what comments a retailer and his staff must make about their
customers, behind their backs ("Oh geez, here comes ol' Poophead"). But at
the door it's always "Good morning, Mr. Poophead, beautiful weather we're
having, isn't it?" In that light, feedback left for buyers is indeed
meaningless.

On the other hand, a seller can employ "damnation by faint praise" and if
enough of them do that, another observant seller will be able to detect
that.

Finally, the practice no doubt provides validation for buyers and gives them
a sense of "collecting" something, thus they might be more likely to come
back again and again.

So, my assessment is that leaving feedback for buyers is pointless but
harmless, just another quirk of human nature.

James

WHAT THE FU^%! Ebay Feedback????????? Sue H Autographs 23 May 22nd 08 10:40 AM
ebay feedback note.boy Coins 11 June 15th 06 12:38 PM
Ebay Feedback The Poodlebutt 8 Track Tapes 11 October 15th 04 02:42 PM
Ebay Feedback Mike Hairfield Coins 29 August 27th 04 12:05 AM