Trying to figure out what this coin ring is and where it came from

Old June 11th 11, 02:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Chris[_12_]

Default Trying to figure out what this coin ring is and where it came from

I know this may not be the correct place to ask this but, I've been
unable to find anything helpful as of yet anywhere else.

I have a ring that has a 1906 coin with a 3D stamped face. It's a
womans face and from what I can see, there are leaves around the head
or possibly just on either side.

Does anyone have any idea what this is / where it came from / any
other info?
Old June 11th 11, 04:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Chris[_12_]

On Jun 11, 6:56*am, Chris wrote:
I know this may not be the correct place to ask this but, I've been
unable to find anything helpful as of yet anywhere else.

I have a ring that has a 1906 coin with a 3D stamped face. *It's a
womans face and from what I can see, there are leaves around the head
or possibly just on either side.

Does anyone have any idea what this is / where it came from / any
other info?

Just to update. I think it's a 1906 Barber Dime.. I'm not sure. But
going off a search, someone was talking about Barber Dimes with "3D
images of a womans face" pressed into the coin. From what they said,
many of these were made at the Pan-American Exposition.

Still trying to track down any other info though..
Old June 11th 11, 05:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ken Barr

In article
,
Chris wrote:

On Jun 11, 6:56*am, Chris wrote:
I know this may not be the correct place to ask this but, I've been
unable to find anything helpful as of yet anywhere else.

I have a ring that has a 1906 coin with a 3D stamped face. *It's a
womans face and from what I can see, there are leaves around the head
or possibly just on either side.

Does anyone have any idea what this is / where it came from / any
other info?

Just to update. I think it's a 1906 Barber Dime.. I'm not sure. But
going off a search, someone was talking about Barber Dimes with "3D
images of a womans face" pressed into the coin. From what they said,
many of these were made at the Pan-American Exposition.

Still trying to track down any other info though..

They are traditionally referred to as repousse coins, although
the term "pop out" coins has become popular in the past few years.

An introductory website can be found at:

http://www.popoutcoin.com/

--
Ken Barr Numismatics * * * *email:
P. O. Box 32541 * * * * * * website: *http://www.kenbarr.com
Old June 11th 11, 06:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Chris[_12_]

On Jun 11, 9:19*am, Ken Barr wrote:
In article
,

*Chris wrote:
On Jun 11, 6:56 am, Chris wrote:
[...]

Thank you so much! That's the exact type of info I was looking for!
Old June 12th 11, 01:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Pertinax

On Jun 11, 4:39*pm, Chris wrote:
On Jun 11, 6:56*am, Chris wrote:

I know this may not be the correct place to ask this but, I've been
unable to find anything helpful as of yet anywhere else.

I have a ring that has a 1906 coin with a 3D stamped face. *It's a
womans face and from what I can see, there are leaves around the head
or possibly just on either side.

Does anyone have any idea what this is / where it came from / any
other info?

Just to update. *I think it's a 1906 Barber Dime.. *I'm not sure. *But
going off a search, someone was talking about Barber Dimes with "3D
images of a womans face" pressed into the coin. *From what they said,
many of these were made at the Pan-American Exposition.

Still trying to track down any other info though..

Chris,
It would be useful to see pictures of the face of the coin in your
ring and a horizontal view of the coin.
That way people who know can confirm its identity, and those that
don't can learn.