carbon based inks and pens to use

Old August 1st 08, 11:34 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Matthew[_2_]

Default carbon based inks and pens to use

To anybody out there that has used higgins or pelikan fount,
what pens are you using with these inks? Are you dilluting
them at all?

matthew
Old August 2nd 08, 01:31 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Juhapekka Tolvanen[_2_]

Matthew writes:

To anybody out there that has used higgins or pelikan fount, what pens
are you using with these inks? Are you dilluting them at all?

I use Pelikan Fount India in fountain pen called Pelikan Steno. I do not
dilute it at all. I have had no problems with this combination of pen
and ink. I wash that pen carefully about once a year.

If I ever will have problems with this combination of pen and ink, I can
send that pen to Pelikan. In that case they would be forced to react,
because it would be a situation where pen has had problems with ink made
by same manufacturer.

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * http colon slash slash iki dot fi slash juhtolv
"Boku wa ongakuka dentaku katate ni. Ta****ari. Hiitari. Sousa ****e.
Old August 2nd 08, 02:09 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Matthew[_2_]

On 2008-08-02, Juhapekka Tolvanen m.invalid wrote:

Matthew writes:

To anybody out there that has used higgins or pelikan fount, what pens
are you using with these inks? Are you dilluting them at all?

I use Pelikan Fount India in fountain pen called Pelikan Steno. I do not
dilute it at all. I have had no problems with this combination of pen
and ink. I wash that pen carefully about once a year.

What size nib? It seems like a nice pen.

matthew
Old August 2nd 08, 02:27 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Juhapekka Tolvanen[_2_]

On 2008-08-02, Juhapekka Tolvanen
m.invalid wrote:

I use Pelikan Fount India in fountain pen called Pelikan Steno.

What size nib? It seems like a nice pen.

It has only one nib size: Very very narrow. It also has some
flexibility, because it is made for stenography (aka "shorthand
writing"), as the name suggests. In some stenography systems the width
of line has some meaning.

Old August 2nd 08, 02:46 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Matthew[_2_]

On 2008-08-02, Juhapekka Tolvanen m.invalid wrote:

Matthew writes:

I use Pelikan Fount India in fountain pen called Pelikan Steno.

What size nib? It seems like a nice pen.

It has only one nib size: Very very narrow. It also has some
flexibility, because it is made for stenography (aka "shorthand
writing"), as the name suggests. In some stenography systems the width
of line has some meaning.

Thanks, I think I came across your post on fpn about it.

matthew
Old August 2nd 08, 05:34 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Brian Ketterling

In ,
Matthew wrote:

To anybody out there that has used higgins or pelikan fount,
what pens are you using with these inks? Are you dilluting
them at all?

I haven't used either lately (last summer most recently, I think), but I
last used the current Higgins Fountain Pen India in a Waterman Harmonie, and
the current Pelikan Fount India in a 30's Wearever. In the 80's, I used
both a lot in a Platignum calligraphy FP. I've never diluted either, and
only had a clog when I let the calligraphy pen completely dry out.

Brian

Old August 4th 08, 04:09 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Matthew[_2_]

On 2008-08-02, Brian Ketterling wrote:
In ,
Matthew wrote:

To anybody out there that has used higgins or pelikan fount,
what pens are you using with these inks? Are you dilluting
them at all?

I haven't used either lately (last summer most recently, I think), but I
last used the current Higgins Fountain Pen India in a Waterman Harmonie, and
the current Pelikan Fount India in a 30's Wearever. In the 80's, I used
both a lot in a Platignum calligraphy FP. I've never diluted either, and
only had a clog when I let the calligraphy pen completely dry out.

Thanks for the responses on this thread. I adjusted a few of my
pens to write wetter and am pretty happy with the combination
so far.

The eternal works great in the wality eye-dropper; the only
trouble is the wality is a turd. I'm using the ink in a
kaweco sport ED(converted) and it works great.

matthew