Finally got enough parts to record 8-tracks to CD.

Old May 15th 08, 07:59 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
TBerk

Default Finally got enough parts to record 8-tracks to CD.

I have a whole bunch of 8-track, cassette and vinyl records I'm
transferring to Hard Drive with the end result = burning a bunch of
CDs.

(Hows _that_ for an On Topic post?)

Tberk

Old May 15th 08, 08:38 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Wed, 14 May 2008 23:59:33 -0700 (PDT), TBerk
wrote:

I have a whole bunch of 8-track, cassette and vinyl records I'm
transferring to Hard Drive with the end result = burning a bunch of
CDs.

(Hows _that_ for an On Topic post?) snip

I was going to do that, but the 8 tracks are so inferior in overall
quality to 256 or 320 JS or ST mp3s, I ****canned them all recently,
selling the "collectables" to old-timer 8 track fiends. The rest went
to the local Sally Ann.

Only three carts actually made it to CD...a long-ago home recorded dub
of Frank Zappa's "Absolutly Freeeeee" (1967), which was done on a very
good machine by someone who obviously knew something about tape (rare
in 8 track), Zappa's "Orchestral Favorites" from a Canadian Dolby cart
off my Wollensak 8075 (turned out quite nice, about the same as 3¾
RTR) and Chicago XIX and CTA II. Everything else was too limited in
bandwidth, suffered from partial erasure due to sloppy maintenance,
had "crinkles" and/or had all the other usual 8 track crap...out they
went. The startling reality? Everything I ****canned was available
on either high bit rate mp3s, many using a later encoder such as LAME,
or I got the CDs. Some of the more popular titles were candidates for
dubbing, but upon evaluation using the best deck available, they fell
far short of making it and were replaced by CDA or mp3. However, when
only a 128 Kb/s mp3 is available, and especially if it was done with
the notoriously bad old Xing encoder, 8 track quality is pretty
competitive, because 128s sound so ratty with all that hacking and
slashing taking place. But once you get up to 256 (or a high big rate
VBR), it's clear...a GOOD mp3 rip (caveat being not all ARE good;
there are many plonkers out there like Charlie Nudo who don't know
their asses from a soggy Kaiser roll) beats 8 track any day, and in
all ways.

It was a fun diversion...until I realized that hey...it doesn't matter
HOW much tweaking and rebuilding I do of the machines, nor how much
servicing and splicing of these carts I do...it all adds up to the
same damned thing...a ****ty format! Having Charlie Nudo being one of
the biggest fraudsters in the 8 track business, as well as one of its
biggest kOOks, was the icing on the cake for me.
Old May 15th 08, 04:19 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
trippin-2-8-track

On May 15, 2:59*am, TBerk wrote:
I have a whole bunch of 8-track, cassette and vinyl records I'm
transferring to Hard Drive with the end result = burning a bunch of
CDs.

(Hows _that_ for an On Topic post?)

Tberk

real 8-trackers prefer analog tape and vinyl

burning an 8-track to CD is counterproductive, and lossy
Old May 15th 08, 04:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
trippin-2-8-track

Default DeserTBob the Usenet Troll, admits he never really was any good at8-tracks

wrote:

[...]

I always said DeserTBob was a part-timer who had no real desire to
enjoy the 8-track format- he was a low-life cassette dumb-ass, who
stumbled in here after he lost his job with Bell Systems and went
insane- so after rehab he took up something he thought was "easy" like
8-tracks.

The problem is, he never had a decent single ended tube amp to play
them through.

see ya, DoucheBoob...no 8-tracks for you !

only a dumb-ass would transfer 8's to CD, why bother, that's defeating
the whole purpose

Old May 15th 08, 04:36 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Thu, 15 May 2008 08:19:31 -0700 (PDT), trippin-2-8-track
wrote:

real 8-trackers prefer analog tape and vinyl snip

....usually because, like you, they can't afford CDs nor burners.

burning an 8-track to CD is counterproductive, and lossy snip

'Ey, STUNOD! Explain to me, even with your limited intelligence and
mental defects, who dubbing a "mid-fi" source onto a highly superior
format is somehow "lossy." I did it...time and again...you dub an 8
track to a PCM file and play it back, it sounds like the 8 track. You
dub any decent digital source to an 8 track and play it back, the
result sounds like...and 8 track.

Further proof that Charlie Nudo talks through his asshole.
Old May 15th 08, 04:38 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Thu, 15 May 2008 08:22:48 -0700 (PDT), trippin-2-8-track
wrote:

I always said DeserTBob was a part-timer who had no real desire to
enjoy the 8-track format- he was a low-life cassette dumb-ass, who
stumbled in here after he lost his job with Bell Systems and went
insane- so after rehab he took up something he thought was "easy" like
8-tracks.

The problem is, he never had a decent single ended tube amp to play
them through.

see ya, DoucheBoob...no 8-tracks for you !

only a dumb-ass would transfer 8's to CD, why bother, that's defeating
the whole purpose snip

Your post is so filled with stupidity, there's no real reason to
counter your "arguments"...all of which are products of an infantile,
uneducated mind.
Old May 15th 08, 05:28 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
trippin-2-8-track

Default how to tweak a welfare-check sucking California liberal lowlife- allit takes it the truth...

wrote:
I always said DeserTBob was a part-timer who had no real desire to
enjoy the 8-track format- he was a low-life cassette dumb-ass, who
stumbled in here after he lost his job with Bell Systems and went
insane- so after rehab he took up something he thought was "easy" like
8-tracks.

The problem is, he never had a decent single ended tube amp to play
them through.

see ya, DoucheBoob...no 8-tracks for you !

only a dumb-ass would transfer 8's to CD, why bother, that's defeating
the whole purpose snip

Your post is so filled with stupidity, there's no real reason to
counter your "arguments"...all of which are products of an infantile,
uneducated mind.

yet you're the one who FLUNKED OUT of free welfare college at UCLA...

while I worked my way through college, earned 2 degrees, and developed
a 130 IQ

meanwhile, you don't work, after being FIRED by Bell Systems for poor
work history ten years ago, you never got another job, so you collect
a fraudulent SSI disability claim- sucking off the welfare cash cow-
and food stamps

(laughter...)

Old May 15th 08, 06:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default how to tweak a mercury sucking NE Penny lowlife coal mining ginzo- all it takes it the truth...

On Thu, 15 May 2008 09:28:20 -0700 (PDT), trippin-2-8-track
wrote:

yet you're the one who FLUNKED OUT of free welfare college at UCLA... snip

Firstly, even an idiot knows that ANY UC school is NOT FREE...in fact,
UCLA is a very expensive school to get through to a degree. Secondly,
you wouldn't know that, since you barely made it through high
school...or did you?

while I worked my way through college, earned 2 degrees, and developed
a 130 IQ snip

STUGOTS! You don't "develop" an IQ, moron. Charlie Nudo outed as a
fraud yet again! "Degrees in banking and electronics?" I don't think
so; proof is here in this NG that you don't even know what a capacitor
is or does. Your best foray into "higher education" was the auto shop
at Ridgeview HS in Mountain Flop, where they put all the 'tards too
stupid to make it in the college prep track.

meanwhile, you don't work, after being FIRED by Bell Systems for poor
work history ten years ago, you never got another job, so you collect
a fraudulent SSI disability claim- sucking off the welfare cash cow-
and food stamps

(laughter...) snip

Talk to a lawyer about your tax evasion problems, because if someone
should come after you after the IRS has driven you into poverty, you
still have to respond to the summons...and will have liens filed
against anything you still have.

Charlie Nudo...slave for life.
Old May 15th 08, 07:20 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default Charlie Nudo the Usenet Tard, shows he wouldn't know good sound from bad

All you have to do is scan this NG's archives since 2001...the facts
are there. This guy's a mental Superfund site!
Old May 19th 08, 06:25 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
TBerk

On May 15, 8:19 am, trippin-2-8-track wrote:
On May 15, 2:59 wrote:

I have a whole bunch of 8-track, cassette and vinyl records I'm
transferring to Hard Drive with the end result = burning a bunch of
CDs.

(Hows _that_ for an On Topic post?)

Tberk

real 8-trackers prefer analog tape and vinyl

burning an 8-track to CD is counterproductive, and lossy

Well, (If we can stay on topic,)

1) the original tapes are degrading, to the point they can't be played
too much.

2) The Owner asked me to, so i said OK.

3) By working through troubles and bumps in the road I get real life
experience, working w/ surplus equipment the cost is low.

TBerk

DC5 8 Tracks? still_trackin 8 Track Tapes 1 March 14th 08 09:17 PM
8 Tracks???? Dan 3.75 8 Track Tapes 15 October 9th 06 11:52 PM
8 Tracks???? [email protected] 8 Track Tapes 16 October 9th 06 02:13 PM
have these 8 tracks origmnd 8 Track Tapes 1 February 20th 04 11:53 AM
FS: 8-Tracks For $1 Each Lynne 8 Track Tapes 0 July 25th 03 04:52 AM