Looking to identify a Cross ballpoint

Old July 9th 09, 03:43 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
netcat

Default Looking to identify a Cross ballpoint

Hello.

This group looks a bit dead... but here goes a try:

I have a Cross ballpoint pen that I have trouble locating refills for. I
mean I know where to get refills from, I just don't know what type of
refill I should order for it (there seems to be a thickness factor
involved).

I would also like to know what the model is called if someone can
identify it, how much it used to cost etc.

I received it as a gift in 1993 but it's not on the Cross website now.
It looks somewhat like a Century Classic in shape, it's clipless, matte
black with gold trim at top and bottom and a leafy-floral gold engraved
ring in the middle. There's no logo on it anywhere and I figured out
it's a Cross by pure chance.

rgds,
netcat
Old July 10th 09, 06:13 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Brian Ketterling

In ,
netcat wrote:

I have a Cross ballpoint pen that I have trouble locating refills for. I
mean I know where to get refills from, I just don't know what type of
refill I should order for it (there seems to be a thickness factor
involved).

Is there an old refill in the pen? If it's a very skinny metal tube with a
plastic "knob" at the top, it's a standard Cross BP refill. If it's a fat
(about 1/4 inch diameter) metal tube with a thin tube projecting from the
end that contains the point, it's a SelecTip refill.

There's no logo on it anywhere and I figured out
it's a Cross by pure chance.

How did you ID it? I thought Cross put their name on all of their pens.

Brian

Age of Waterman ballpoint? Brian Ketterling Pens & Pencils 0 June 23rd 07 05:36 AM
How do I identify my cross? User1014 Pens & Pencils 1 December 7th 06 06:43 PM
MB Ballpoint pieter Pens & Pencils 0 August 22nd 06 01:24 PM
Bic and ballpoint pen art [email protected] Pens & Pencils 0 June 3rd 05 08:21 AM
Do PARKER ballpoint refills fit ROTRING ballpoint pens? Patek Pens & Pencils 3 March 28th 05 06:22 PM