Montblanc..... I'm not in Kansas anymore.

Old March 28th 09, 09:01 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Visitor

Default Montblanc..... I'm not in Kansas anymore.

Went looking for a new pen yesterday.
All I wanted was a 146 in burgundy with an OM nib.

No chance.

Only stock mediums
Only stock black
No 146 to be had at all
And the prices for what I did see were a lot more than what
I think they should be.

Times have really changed.

So down MB not produce in burgundy anymore?
Anybody know? I only see black on their website.

John

Old March 29th 09, 02:54 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Visitor

Well that may be what I must do.

I have a fine, a pain to write with.
And would convert it to a OM.

John

krishnananda wrote:
In article ,
The Visitor wrote:

Went looking for a new pen yesterday.
All I wanted was a 146 in burgundy with an OM nib.

No chance.

Only stock mediums
Only stock black
No 146 to be had at all
And the prices for what I did see were a lot more than what
I think they should be.

Times have really changed.

So down MB not produce in burgundy anymore?
Anybody know? I only see black on their website.

John

Burgundy was discontinued quite a few years ago. OM nibs are not usually
stocked, even at "boutiques". You can get a nib exchange through MB
customer service http://www.montblanc.com/246.php

Old March 30th 09, 01:08 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Aaron W. Hsu[_3_]

The Visitor writes:

Went looking for a new pen yesterday.
All I wanted was a 146 in burgundy with an OM nib.

No chance.

Only stock mediums

Huh, that isn't what I found when I went there. They had plenty of Extra
Fines, which are what I like. But yeah, the burgundies are not around
any more, I think.
--
Aaron W. Hsu | http://www.sacrideo.us
"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to
Old March 30th 09, 02:56 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Visitor

I have a fine and a medium and don't really like the fine.
It needs too much pressure to write.
Great if I am making carbon copies though.
Maybe I haven't used it enough?

In the "good old days" it seemed all kinds of things were stocked.
Sign of the times I guess..

John

Old March 30th 09, 04:05 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Aaron W. Hsu[_3_]

The Visitor writes:

I have a fine and a medium and don't really like the fine.
It needs too much pressure to write.
Great if I am making carbon copies though.
Maybe I haven't used it enough?

I remember that I didn't much like the Fines, because they seemed too
big without enough give. The Extra Fines had an entirely different feel
rom the others,which is why I went for it. But that's why we have a
bunch of different widths, right?

Old March 31st 09, 11:49 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Jimmy

Aaron W. Hsu wrote:
The Visitor writes:

Went looking for a new pen yesterday.
All I wanted was a 146 in burgundy with an OM nib.

No chance.

Only stock mediums

Huh, that isn't what I found when I went there. They had plenty of Extra
Fines, which are what I like. But yeah, the burgundies are not around
any more, I think.

I got a lovely blue MB a few years ago, but it was "new old stock" even
then. I've seen nothing but the yawn-worthy black in shops recently.

Your "least worst" bet now is to eBay for your favourite burgundy, new or
used. I'm enjoying the pens I own, and trying a few new inks. Diamine rules!

--
Alan

Old June 7th 09, 09:16 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Paul G

"The Visitor" wrote in message
Went looking for a new pen yesterday.
All I wanted was a 146 in burgundy with an OM nib.

No chance.

Only stock mediums
Only stock black
No 146 to be had at all
And the prices for what I did see were a lot more than what
I think they should be.

Times have really changed.

So down MB not produce in burgundy anymore?
Anybody know? I only see black on their website.

John

I'm still getting over the response I received from customer support in
El Paso, Texas.
I had a question about the "France" stamp on a particular pen, and was
told "all our pens are made in Germany" and I shouls send it to them to
verify it's real.
Sad, as half are marked France, and made there.

Old June 9th 09, 11:41 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Deirdre Saoirse Moen[_2_]

Paul G wrote:

"The Visitor" wrote in message
So down MB not produce in burgundy anymore?
Anybody know? I only see black on their website.

No, sadly, no more burgundy, and they haven't made it for about 5 years.

I'm still getting over the response I received from customer support in
El Paso, Texas.
I had a question about the "France" stamp on a particular pen, and was
told "all our pens are made in Germany" and I shouls send it to them to
verify it's real.
Sad, as half are marked France, and made there.

How old a pen, though?

--
_Deirdre web: http://deirdre.net blog: http://dsmoen.livejournal.com/
"Memes are a hoax! Pass it on!"