SURVEY TIME: Postage when you started TTM collecting?

Old January 21st 05, 12:05 AM
pe2

Default SURVEY TIME: Postage when you started TTM collecting?

Ok gang-

Survey time:
What was the postage when you began collecting Thru the mail autographs?

I'll start it and say $.27 cents for me....

Happy Hunting-
pe2

Old January 21st 05, 12:09 AM
pe2

and $.27 cents was back in 1991, at that...

Old January 21st 05, 01:37 AM
CalRima

I started in the late 1970s, and to be honest I dont remember what the stamps
were at that time. I can tell you newer collectors, That so many Legends did
sign thru the mail for free back then. Hank Greenberg, Chas. Gehringer, Luke
Appling, Burleight Grimes, Carl Hubbell, Warren Spahn, Rick Ferrell, Fergie
Jenkins, Gaylord Perry, Don Drysdale, Harmon Killebrew., Hoyt Willhelm, Carl
Hubbell, etc. Some even sent back little letters..............UNREAL by Todays
standards.

Sadly, Gone are those days

Den
Old January 21st 05, 02:56 AM
NORDS95

..25 around 1987.
Old January 21st 05, 03:23 AM
pe2

Yeah, that held true in the NASCAR world as well. in the late 80's-early
'90's-who knew what you received when you wrote for an autgraph request. I
would receive business cards, extra signed trading cards, stickers that went
on the car, post cards and even dice from a vegas sponsor!

But the best - I still have the proof, but I had a crew member back in
1993-literally give me a pit pass for martinsville fall race, 1993. that was
his way of saying thanks for writing, and requesting an autograph!

I was totally speechless by his generosity!

unfortunately, that '93 team is now defunct, but the driver is getting ready
to be in "semi-retirement" this year...

happy hunting-
pe2

Old January 21st 05, 11:59 AM
CraigAK62

..13 in the mid-70's. I still have an envelope from Emil Sitka, of Three
Stooges fame, with the postage on it.

Craig