UK Site Updates

Old May 14th 04, 05:13 PM
tony

Default UK Site Updates

I have been quite busy on my site this year.

More pictures have been added, including those
of the unique circulation issue 1952 halfcrown,
and what is believed to be a unique 1953 penny
with the reverse having a toothed border as for
George VI pennies rather than the
usual beaded border.

See http://www.tclayton.demon.co.uk/pics/index.html

--
Tony Clayton or
Coins of the UK :
Old May 15th 04, 04:28 AM
A.Gent

"tony" wrote in message
I have been quite busy on my site this year.

More pictures have been added, including those
of the unique circulation issue 1952 halfcrown,
and what is believed to be a unique 1953 penny
with the reverse having a toothed border as for
George VI pennies rather than the
usual beaded border.

See http://www.tclayton.demon.co.uk/pics/index.html

Tony, I can't find images of the two cartwheel coppers, 1d and 2d, on the site. Have
I missed them, or are they not up yet?

Or (unlikely!) do you not have any nice images of them? If so, may I offer some?

I feel kind of embarrassed offering *you* images of British coins. Now I'll have to
go and instruct Eric Tillery on the finer points of photographing and grading Morgan
dollars...

--
Jeff R.

Old May 15th 04, 09:11 AM
tony

In message
"A.Gent" wrote:

"tony" wrote in message
I have been quite busy on my site this year.

More pictures have been added, including those
of the unique circulation issue 1952 halfcrown,
and what is believed to be a unique 1953 penny
with the reverse having a toothed border as for
George VI pennies rather than the
usual beaded border.

See http://www.tclayton.demon.co.uk/pics/index.html

Tony, I can't find images of the two cartwheel coppers, 1d and 2d, on the site. Have
I missed them, or are they not up yet?

They are not up because I do not have images of them.

Or (unlikely!) do you not have any nice images of them? If so, may I offer some?

I would be delighted to receive jpeg's of them. 300 dpi is ideal. Due acknowledgement
will be given if required.

I feel kind of embarrassed offering *you* images of British coins.

While I do have some nice coins of my own which are illustrated
on my site, I do heavily rely on good friends to supply
images of some of the more scarce items on display.
You may notice that I have images of a number
of coins that a man of my limited means can only admire from afar,
such as the 1954 penny, the 1952 penny, 1933 pennies, 1952 half
crown, Edward VIII coins (3d and 1d).

I have been looking for decent copies of the two cartwheel coins
at a fair price for some time, but I am fussy, and with coins
I ONLY buy them when I have seen them for real. In other words I do
not buy them on Ebay or when offered by mail, but only when I
visit a dealer or a fair.

--
Tony Clayton or
Coins of the UK :
http://www.tclayton.demon.co.uk/coins.html
Values of Coins of the UK : http://www.tclayton.demon.co.uk/values/coins.html
Metals used in Coins : http://www.tclayton.demon.co.uk/metal.html
Sent using RISC OS on an Acorn Strong Arm RiscPC
.... The only thing God didn't do to Job was give him a computer.
Old May 16th 04, 02:16 PM
A.Gent

"tony" wrote in message

While I do have some nice coins of my own which are illustrated
on my site, I do heavily rely on good friends to supply
images of some of the more scarce items on display.
You may notice that I have images of a number
of coins that a man of my limited means can only admire from afar,
such as the 1954 penny, the 1952 penny, 1933 pennies, 1952 half
crown, Edward VIII coins (3d and 1d).

I have been looking for decent copies of the two cartwheel coins
at a fair price for some time, but I am fussy, and with coins
I ONLY buy them when I have seen them for real. In other words I do
not buy them on Ebay or when offered by mail, but only when I
visit a dealer or a fair.

Tony, I've posted images of my better 1d and 2d cartwheels on a.b.p.n.
Email follows.

--
Jeff R.

Old May 16th 04, 06:22 PM
The Silver Jar...

I have been looking for decent copies of the two cartwheel coins
at a fair price for some time, but I am fussy, and with coins
I ONLY buy them when I have seen them for real. In other words I do
not buy them on Ebay or when offered by mail, but only when I
visit a dealer or a fair.

Tony

I'm sorting mine out still (i've been unbelievably busy with Uni work
recently), but i'll have a few more coin pics to you shortly!

Regards

Sylvester.

new "pens wanted" site Alex Pens & Pencils 0 August 23rd 04 08:09 AM
new book ccllecting site Alex Books 0 August 23rd 04 07:55 AM
new collecting site..it's free Alex Dolls 0 August 23rd 04 07:49 AM
Antiquarian Bookman auction site: Beta Test Start July 6 Jonathan Grobe Books 12 July 8th 04 08:03 PM
8x10 Photo Site Abuse dahoov2 Autographs 5 October 4th 03 06:31 AM