Austria 1935 question

Old March 16th 11, 12:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

Default Austria 1935 question

In the Austrian 1935 costume stamps, there are two varieties of the 6g
blue.
A scan can be seen at :
http://www.gothicstamps.com/inventory/images/35365.jpg
The reingraved stamp had one ear changed, I am told.

Could anyone please tell me how to tell one from the other?
A larger picture wouls be appreciated.

Thank You.

Blair

Old March 16th 11, 02:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rod222

http://cjoint.com/data1/1dqoWierJUt.htm

Old March 16th 11, 07:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Mar 16, 9:48*am, "rod222" wrote:
http://cjoint.com/data1/1dqoWierJUt.htm

Many thanks to Victor , Rodney and Ryan.
No wonder you need a 600 dpi scan to see it.

By the way, am I the only one who sees two different shades
between the two 6g stamps (see my link above), even though
Michel calls both stamps lilac-ultramarine?

Blair
Old March 17th 11, 01:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

Blair (TC) wrote:
On Mar 16, 9:48 am, "rod222" wrote:
http://cjoint.com/data1/1dqoWierJUt.htm

Many thanks to Victor , Rodney and Ryan.
No wonder you need a 600 dpi scan to see it.

It is fairly obvious to the naked eye (assuming reasonable eyesight)
when you know what to look for. I would agree that glasses help.

By the way, am I the only one who sees two different shades
between the two 6g stamps (see my link above), even though
Michel calls both stamps lilac-ultramarine?

I have both types in mint and used.

The shade of one stamp is slightly different from that of the other three,
which look the
same blue to me. I suspect it is simply a matter of minor variations in the
printing process rather than a particular type-shade relationship.

See http://www.italianstamps.co.uk/austria/017043.jpg

--
Tony Clayton

Old March 17th 11, 08:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Mar 17, 8:16*am, "Tony Clayton" wrote:
Blair (TC) wrote:
On Mar 16, 9:48 am, "rod222" wrote:
http://cjoint.com/data1/1dqoWierJUt.htm

Many thanks to Victor , Rodney and Ryan.
No wonder you need a 600 dpi scan to see it.

It is fairly obvious to the naked eye (assuming reasonable eyesight)
when you know what to look for. *I would agree that glasses help.

By the way, am I the only one who sees two different shades
between the two 6g stamps (see my link above), even though
Michel calls both stamps lilac-ultramarine?

I have both types in mint and used.

The shade of one stamp is slightly different from that of the other three,
which look the
same blue to me. *I suspect it is simply a matter of minor variations in the
printing process rather than a particular type-shade relationship.

Seehttp://www.italianstamps.co.uk/austria/017043.jpg

--
Tony Clayton

Thanks very much Tony.
Blair
Old March 17th 11, 09:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Mar 16, 9:48*am, "rod222" wrote:
http://cjoint.com/data1/1dqoWierJUt.htm

For Rodney and the others who are interested,
here is my new image to show the difference.

http://www.cijoint.fr/cj201103/cijWZMsGB2.jpg

Blair
Old March 18th 11, 05:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
ilico ilico is offline
Junior Member

http://cjoint.com/data2/2dsrtNGhqhe.htm

FA: 1935 Walking Liberty dave a Coins 0 July 31st 08 02:27 AM
Austria Question amesh \(Mette\) General Discussion 2 September 28th 04 11:15 AM
FA:New Zealand 1935 Pictorials 2s & 3s used YKW Marketplace 0 July 2nd 04 12:12 PM
1935 $10 bill question Rico Paper Money 4 March 25th 04 05:30 AM