Label ID.

Old May 29th 09, 06:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

Default Label ID.

On May 29, 5:30*am, "rodney" wrote:
Nuts maybe Tony,
and very brave, coming out an announcing this to the world

I go every Friday to the local mart auction,
and met a guy today who collected Pickle Jars. *(Goodness)
Lo and behold, whilst there
I picked up 4 Australian first flight covers
I am still drooling,
and will be bragging about them soon on this NG. *

A curious paradox, people who are nuts, are rarely dull. *

"Tony Vella" wrote in message

Hi Rod.

Don't know if you have them in Australia but here in Canada fruit and
vegetables in supermarkets have small sticky labels with code numbers. *I
have been collecting them for some 5 years and have close to 3000
different. People think I'm peaceful .... but nuts.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Hey Rodney!

Did you ever check out that Red Cross stamp shop
that I mentioned , in Perth?

Australian Red Cross Stamp Shop.
107 Wellington Street
East Perth, Western Australia

Blair
Old June 2nd 09, 05:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Hey Blair!
yes, I visited today, it is a 1,500 calorie (15 mins) bicycle ride from
castle.
and wouldn't you guess?
It was closed.
http://cjoint.com/data/gcgEjrBSOt.htm

I'll pop in tomorrow.
You have to sign in, I was attended to by a Kiwi Lass,
who informed me
"They sell munt and used, and a bit of thus, and a bit of thet"

I'll let you know.
Rodney

"Blair"

Old June 2nd 09, 03:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 2, 12:34*am, "rodney" wrote:
Hey Blair! *
yes, I visited today, it is a 1,500 calorie (15 mins) bicycle ride from
castle.
and wouldn't you guess?
It was closed.http://cjoint.com/data/gcgEjrBSOt.htm

I'll pop in tomorrow.
You have to sign in, I was attended to by a Kiwi Lass,
who informed me
"They sell munt and used, and a bit of thus, and a bit of thet"

I'll let you know.
Rodney

"Blair"
Hey Rodney!
Did you ever check out that Red Cross stamp shop
that I mentioned , in Perth?
Australian Red Cross Stamp Shop.
107 Wellington Street
East Perth, Western Australia
Blair

They are probably soaking all the Sydney Harbour
bridges for your special phossick box.

8*)
Blair
Old June 3rd 09, 05:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Nup! no soaking there Blair,
In fact, I heard them gossiping, they no longer will accept, or deal
with the peel and stick "flowers" and "native animals" series
there are literally millions of these.

The shop, a small room, with a counter, staffed with 3 volunteers,
they offer Chinese stock books with countries of used stamps.
Naturally, I requested Cinderellas and India, the Cinderella box was
interesting filled with Spanish meter peel and stick, and etiquettes.
India was disappointing, but a lot of modern stuff.

Stamps are generally 10c to 15c each, FDC 30c
and magazines like Gibbons Monthly $1

A 2Lb bag of "on paper" is $10
and several collectors popped in whilst I was there, suggesting
they use these for trade overseas.

....end of report

Old June 3rd 09, 04:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On May 29, 3:15*am, "rodney" wrote:

We may be dull, but we are harmless.

So Rodney:

It appears that you have read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

8*)

Blair

Old June 3rd 09, 04:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 3, 12:41*am, "rodney" wrote:
[...]

Sounds like an interesting shop at good prices.
Too bad our Canadian Red Cross doesn't do the same.

Old June 3rd 09, 08:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_4_]

On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 08:20:58 -0700, the following words by Blair were
discovered:

On May 29, 3:15Â*am, "rodney" wrote:
We may be dull, but we are harmless.

It appears that you have read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

He has. _Mostly_. :^)

--
Joshua H. McGee
Sierra Madre, Los Angeles, California, USA, Earth
Old June 4th 09, 12:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

"Blair"
Sounds like an interesting shop at good prices.
Too bad our Canadian Red Cross doesn't do the same.

Indeed,
there is this vast underground army of "volunteers" throughout our society,
which very rarely get recognised, these very generous people do it
as they are aware of the joy of giving.
There was a lot of natter going on, not much of it philatelic

I had a great time fossicking, that's the beauty of collecting WW
Here's an example, where I paid double the catalogue price.
(I paid 10c)
http://cjoint.com/data/gebW57BLPi.htm

SGEC310A East China (transport) challenge: find the duck! .........or
is it a pigeon?
donkey included.

The unknown "character" overprint obliterates the Japanese flag on the
staff.
what the hell was it doing there in the first place?

Rodney.

Old June 4th 09, 01:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

OK. I'll don the "dull" hat
that comment flew way over my head.
I have not read "The hitchhikers" guide (shame)
SciFi was never an interest.
I was a cowboys and Indians, and coniggets (knights) boy.

"Blair"

Old June 4th 09, 05:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 3, 8:06*pm, "rodney" wrote:
OK. I'll don the "dull" hat
that comment flew way over my head.
I have not read "The hitchhikers" guide (shame)
SciFi was never an interest.
I was a cowboys and Indians, and coniggets (knights) boy.

"Blair"

We may be dull, but we are harmless.

So Rodney:
It appears that you have read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
8*)
Blair

The term derives from a joke early in the series, when Arthur Dent
discovers that the entry for Earth in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the
Galaxy consists, in its entirety, of the word "Harmless."

His friend Ford Prefect, a contributor to the Guide, assures him
that the next edition will contain the article on Earth that Ford
has spent the last 15 years researching—somewhat cut due
to space restrictions, but still an improvement.

The revised article, he eventually admits, will simply read
"Mostly harmless."

:

How do you label your 2 X 2's? varois83 Coins 11 April 7th 07 03:34 PM
New SEGS label? Slabtastic Coins 0 November 26th 05 05:10 AM
Perhaps a new 8-track label? Jonny the 8-Tracker! 8 Track Tapes 26 May 23rd 05 02:03 AM
Don't judge an ink by its label! [email protected] Pens & Pencils 0 February 8th 05 10:06 PM
Will there be a 03 Gold Label Set?, Anyone have any info? dougefresh Baseball 0 August 23rd 03 01:55 PM