New U.S. $100 Bill

Old January 2nd 09, 12:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
[email protected]

Default New U.S. $100 Bill

Has anyone here, heard or read anything on when the new $100 bill
will
be unveiled? It was supposed to be issued in late 2008, and now, in
2009, it has not even been unveiled yet. I'm guessing that this is
because of Barack Obama taking office, and choosing a Treasury
Secretary. But how much longer do you guys think the $100 bill
unveiling could be delayed? I mean, should we know what it looks like
by spring? I keep checking Where's George for information, but
apparently, there haven't even been any NexGen $100s printe yet as of
November '08. I'm anxous to see the December '08 report though,
because maybe they may have printed some by now.

Hope everyone had a Happy New Year.

Tom
Old January 6th 09, 07:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Owen Linzmayer[_2_]

My understanding has always been the new $100 was planned for
introduction in 2009, not 2008. I don't think the change in the
president has anything to do with its "delay." There's no official
word on the design of the new $100 other than it will use Crane's
Motion security thread which debuted on Sweden's 1,000-kronor note and
is now being used on Mexico's larger denominations, too.
Old January 6th 09, 01:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
[email protected]

Hi,
This is totally off topic but I want to ask something.
If you go to the link below and just above the guys opening a box you
will see the following:

................workforce or make all sorts of cuts [that] diminish
the value of our company ........................

What is the reason for putting the 'that' in square brackets? Was it
not in the original stuff that the writer of the page is quoting form?
Did they change 'which' to 'that' perhaps?

Perhaps I need a life worring about such things

Thanks.
http://craneinsider.blogspot.com/sea...ican%20History

JH

Old January 7th 09, 03:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Padraic Brown

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 04:49:00 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Hi,
This is totally off topic but I want to ask something.
If you go to the link below and just above the guys opening a box you
will see the following:

................workforce or make all sorts of cuts [that] diminish
the value of our company ........................

What is the reason for putting the 'that' in square brackets? Was it
not in the original stuff that the writer of the page is quoting form?
Did they change 'which' to 'that' perhaps?

Brackets generally mean that the quote has been altered in some way by
the editor. The original speaker could have made a quick aside, or
perhaps an example of potential cuts, or he could have launced into
some long diatribe or an irrelevant tangent. A good editor will not
torture future readers by subjecting them to stuff that isn't
appropriate to the topic at hand.

I suppose it is possible that the editor could have changed "which" to
"that", but I think that would be shoddy editorship and a senseless
change. If the original speaker had used a word incorrectly (or
ideosyncratically) and the editor wished to note that the use was
original to the speaker, he would generally leave it be and place
"(sic)" -- "thus" -- after the word in question.

Padraic

Perhaps I need a life worring about such things

Thanks.
http://craneinsider.blogspot.com/sea...ican%20History

JH

"ECHR's November bill for Turkey is 400,000 Euros, The EU begging bowl bill for lazy greek scroungers is USD $5 BILLION"... The Kostas Papafloratos Abuser -)))))))))))))))) Coins 1 December 15th 06 01:06 PM
Bill to bill changer stonej Coins 5 October 12th 05 12:53 AM
Regan on $10 bill, $20 bill OR dime? Wheeler Coins 20 June 11th 04 08:41 PM
$2 bill Dale Bowman Paper Money 8 November 9th 03 03:33 AM
Now a $200 bill !!! beekeep Coins 2 September 18th 03 03:58 AM