Lamy 2000 & divers silicone

Old October 22nd 03, 12:36 AM
William Bosner

Default Lamy 2000 & divers silicone

Just a quick response to an earlier query about Lamy 2000's. I am into
writers pens. They certainly make the grade. They are beautifully
understated. They write really well. They don't dry out. They are
comfortable (to my hand). They are very durable so I don't shudder at
the thought of dropping it. The cap is very easy to get off and it
posts really well.

In some ways it is an ideal work pen. It is very well designed for
quick note taking. I don't worry about it falling out of my pocket.
It's inexpensive enough that I wouldn't go into a month of morning if
I lost it, though I wouldn't be happy. It is very attractive without
being flashy.

I'm back in school right now, so I'm spending most of my days writing.
I always carry four fountain pens in my breast pocket and the Lamy
2000 never seems to fall out of the rotation.

Pam Braun is wonderful to deal with. For that matter, so are Sam and
Chuck. I have purchased from all of them and all of them are into
giving people the best service possible.

For potential leaks, I recommend divers silicone. This is the stuff
that scuba divers use to seal their air lines. I have a hand made eye
dropper that had a micro leak where the section screwed into the
barrel and it cured it. I also use it to lubricate piston fillers. The
only thing I would caution people about is avoid getting it on feeds.
It's hydrophobic nature can cause flow problems.