Bonds a sure thing?

Old February 7th 04, 05:56 AM
BlackJet76

Default Bonds a sure thing?

As of this writing Bonds PSA 10 TT card is $210 on the pit. He's only about
three homers away from passing Willie Mays! When that happens is it safe to
assume that the card will be worth at least $450? I mean it was around $300 or
more when he broke McGwire's record, and the all time Home Run record has stood
for longer and held by a more mythic figure. Either way you can't got wrong in
investing in Bonds right? Its like money in the bank. They could hold my money
for two months and I could make alot of money, more than a certificate of
deposit could ever generate
Old February 7th 04, 08:55 AM
Johndaigle1

yea, i know but there are more 86 tt cases floating around then u would
believe, and any guy that submits 1 with a 20 dollar bill on it gets a 10, id
pass...

Old February 7th 04, 09:00 AM
Stephan Lemonjello Jr.

As of this writing Bonds PSA 10 TT card is $210 on the pit. He's only about
three homers away from passing Willie Mays! When that happens is it safe to
assume that the card will be worth at least $450?

You think it'll more than double in price just because he hits a few HRs and
passes Mays for 3rd place??? I don't see it moving much at all.
Old February 7th 04, 02:58 PM
VinnyH

Once McGwire stop his pseudo steroids he started getting hurt again and
retired. Maybe Bonds won't be as productive without his extra juice. He'll
still get his records but I doubt he hits 60+ anymore.

And yes he's a sure HOFer but the 86tt is way over produced.

Best to all,
Vinny

--
Please visit:
VJWEB - http://www.vjweb.com (my personal site)

Old February 8th 04, 06:12 AM
BlackJet76

You think it'll more than double in price just because he hits a few HRs and
passes Mays for 3rd place??? I don't see it moving much at all. BRBR

Really? Even though Clemens 84 Fleer Update PSA 9 is a much rarer, the card
went up $100 or more when he won #300 and 300 game winners are more common than
you would think. Its not like Bonds, who will pass an American Legend in Mays.
Old February 8th 04, 11:58 AM
Rattlehead

I think you should do it man... then in a few months you will be laughing
all the way to the bank. I wish I had lots of money to invest in 86 Topps
Traded...

L8r,
Rattlehead

Old February 8th 04, 10:34 PM
Pkstore2

The real reason the card WILL go up in price is due to the GLUT of 1986/1987
Topps stuff made. The higher the book price, the cheaper people will be able
to sell their stuff where it looks like a deal. There were so many 86/87's
cases on closeout it wasn't funny back then. There are several people in
very deep with this stuff still and it looks like a sure winner. The only
way it would die completely at this point is if Bonds retired or falls short
of the all-time record. This has like 3-4 year shelf life still on his pace
or even 4-6 years if he is slowed down a little. Most of the people into it
today were not around in 1988/89/90 when it was at the peak like i was. You
really have to look at the whole picture to understand it entirely. If the
86f, 86d, 87f Bonds moves up higher or aren't as many graded as high where
the book prices are creeping up, then it makes the 86tt & 87t Bonds an
easier play for the average person especially on something like QVC/Shop at
Home. Just wait until if he breaks the record and you'll be surprised just
how many places the 86tt, 87 t cards will be sold. The demand would be huge
even in a place like ESPN magazine or SI where there are 100000's of people
who read it each week. Also it would be a huge Christmas promotion item.

Old February 9th 04, 12:57 AM
Anthony Myers

besides now thay they have drug testing he'll come to camp lookin like JJ from
Good Times.

Old February 10th 04, 03:43 AM

Are you lost? Ballparks keep getting smaller. The ball keeps getting
harder and the laces keep getting smaller and tighter. There's no
teeth to the steroid policy. Human Growth Hormone (which it's obvious
Barry Bonds is and Mark McGwire was taking) is almost impossible to
detect. Masking agents for steroids regularly work. Even if you're
busted for steroid use, it's only a 15 game suspension. If you're
busted 4 times - yes, FOUR TIMES - you don't even have to sit out half
a season! Pitching talent is diluted due to expansion. Power numbers
will remain high. It'll still be easy for guys to pad their stats with
40-50 home run seasons. It's getting harder and harder on the other
hand for a pitcher to reach 300 wins. The most a pitcher starts a
season is around 33 games. Guys regularly miss games because they have
a blister or a hang nail. It seems these days it's more common for a
pitcher to have a stint on the DL than not. We're reaching the day
where a 300 game winner will be damn hard to come by. Power numbers
these days are as cheap as a bottle of Thunderbird or MD 20/20. 300
game winners will be scarce.