SUMMER SWAP! (Reminder 1)

Old May 23rd 04, 10:43 PM
John Patrick

Default SUMMER SWAP! (Reminder 1)

Almost a week ago I posted this to r.c.c. Here's a little reminder.

-=-=-=-=-

Some time ago, I pinged the group to see if anyone was interested
in a Summer Swap. In case you were worried, I haven't forgotten.

This is going to be a chain swap, where person A gives to person
B, person B to person C, C to D, and so on, until Z gives to A.
The person you give something to will NOT be the person you get
something back from.

The value of the swap is $13 to $15 USD. Basically, get something
really close to $15 USD. If you can get the suggestion, great! If
not, or if the suggestion is not available to you for close to $15
USD, feel free to improvise! If the suggestion is under $15, feel
free to make up the difference creatively!

Registration is open from now until early June (say, 5th or so),
after which I'll be listing the names in pseudo-random order and
making the list.

On June 10 or so, e-mails will go out. Please send ASAP. How you
ship is up to you. (Caveat: International receivers may experience
longer times before receiving, especially if shipped surface.)

So, without further ado, here's how to register:

1) Send an e-mail to: and include
a) Name and shipping address (non-US please include country)
b) Real e-mail (nothing munged, please)
c) A suggestion or two of something you're needing coin-wise
that's in the range of $13 to $15 USD. (Optional)
2) Wait for me to contact you with the person you're going to
send something to.
3) Send it out ASAP. (Optional: E-mail them to let them know you're
their giver and when it's shipped.)
4) Receive from someone else.
5) Thank them!
6) Optional: Brag about how nice your giver was on r.c.c. and
praise the coin you got!

Any questions, please post to this thread. When we get closer to
the cut-off date, I'll try to remember to repost.

Once again, send an e-mail to:
with
name, shipping address, non-munged e-mail, and an optional
suggestion.

John

Old May 24th 04, 01:34 AM
George D

John Patrick wrote:
[...]

John how many are signed up so far?

--
George D
Phoenix, AZ

Please use this address to mail me. Or remove the arizona in the link.
Remember there is no Arizona.

ALL emails incoming and outgoing are run thru Norton and AVG anti virus.

Old May 24th 04, 01:36 AM
Ed Hendricks

"George D" wrote in message

John Patrick wrote:
[...]

Can you post a list of those signed up?

--
©¿©¬
~

Old May 24th 04, 02:10 AM
John Patrick

Ed Hendricks wrote:
Can you post a list of those signed up?

Su

John Patrick
Ed Hendricks
Fernando de la Cuadra
Robert Shaw
Wayne Poulin
Phillip Coyle
Tom Dorsch
Ken Lane
Wolfgang Haeupler
Ron Hammer
Mark Cooper
Henry Mensch
George Drum
Eric Babula
Bruce Remick
Daniel L. Peart
Gary Loveless

So 17 so far.

If you signed up and your name isn't listed, please resend your
registration.

John

Old May 25th 04, 02:01 AM
Bruce Remick

Ed Hendricks wrote:
Can you post a list of those signed up?

Su

John Patrick
Ed Hendricks
Fernando de la Cuadra
Robert Shaw
Wayne Poulin
Phillip Coyle
Tom Dorsch
Ken Lane
Wolfgang Haeupler
Ron Hammer
Mark Cooper
Henry Mensch
George Drum
Eric Babula
Bruce Remick
Daniel L. Peart
Gary Loveless

So 17 so far.

Darn! Ira's not on there.

Bruce

Old May 25th 04, 02:25 AM
Sarepta

Count me out this swap. I'm Active Duty National Guard, and my unit was
just put on alert.

Old May 25th 04, 04:17 AM
Padraic Brown

On Mon, 24 May 2004 20:25:58 -0500, "Sarepta"
wrote:

Count me out this swap. I'm Active Duty National Guard, and my unit was
just put on alert.

Good luck and stay safe!

Come back with your shield, or on it! - as they used to say. I'm sure
you'll be in all our prayers and thoughts.

Padraic.

la cieurgeourea provoer mal trasfu
ast meiyoer ke 'l andrext ben trasfu.