Rockola 1454 Selections off by 40 and 80

Old December 25th 09, 12:09 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
NJ Mike

Default Rockola 1454 Selections off by 40 and 80

First off, Merry Christmas..have a safe an happy holiday with family
and loved ones.

I promised to finish putting the 1454 back together as a present to
myself..which I did. However, there is a small lump of coal in the
stocking. This box has 40 buttons and a 3 sided selection drum.
Side
1 allows choices 1-40, Side 2 41-80, and Side 3 80-120.

Pressing selection buttons 1 - 60 works properly.

Starting with selection 61 here is what happens:

Selected Actual
62 22
63 23
65 25
68 28
71 31
73 33
77 37
80 40

These are all off by "40" or one turn of the selection drum.

88 88
90 90
94 94
100 100

Ok, 80-100 seem OK

102 22
104 24
108 28
110 30
112 32
120 40

These are off by 80 (2 x 40)

Every time I press the button, I do hear a selenoid fire. Since the
problem is in multiples of 40, I suspect there is a pushbutton
circuit
issue (?).

I do have the schematics, however, this is my first box, so I've
still
got sea legs with troubleshooting these. I do have lots of
experience
with EM pinballs, so I am somewhat familiar with mechanicals.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I just need to know where
to start looking.

Thanks again.
Mike
Old December 25th 09, 03:51 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tim[_4_]

On Dec 24, 6:09*pm, NJ Mike wrote:
[...]

I would first look at your selector control switches.These are on the
far left side of the selector table.Not only are these switches used
to control and stop the table at a certain point,I'm pretty sure they
tell the machine what table is facing up for current selections.Take a
close look at the switches when the table rotates.Sounds like you
might have a set thats not opening when it should,or for that
matter,maybe not closing.
Good luck !!!!!!!!
Old December 25th 09, 05:29 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
NJ Mike

Solved!

There is a double microswitch whose switches are actuated by a single
metal plate. The plate contacts a cam that rotates when the selection
button is pressed. Turns out that this plate needed to be adusted so
that the switches remained closed except for on position on the cam.

All is good!

Thanks for steering me in the right direction.
Mike