Stamps web site

Old February 4th 09, 02:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Stan Fairchild

Default Stamps web site

MicroSoft has improved its service by eliminating its free web sites. (Well,
that's the claim anyway!) I've opted for the new host suggested by
MicroSoft, Multiply. If you are looking for my site, go to:

http://napoleonstamps.multiply.com/journal

Stan Fairchild

Old February 4th 09, 09:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Stan Fairchild" wrote in message
MicroSoft has improved its service by eliminating its free web sites.
(Well, that's the claim anyway!) I've opted for the new host suggested by
MicroSoft, Multiply. If you are looking for my site, go to:

http://napoleonstamps.multiply.com/journal

Stan Fairchild

Seems to work. Apparently the worldwide philanthropy of the main owner has
its costs...

I have expected to find pages about Napoleon :-) but I found much more
interesting information, about the Falkland Islands war between Argentina
and the UK. Thanks!

Here two excerpts:

"In Argentina, inflation was rampant and the ruling junta was imposing
painful measures to dampen it. A long-running insurgency was slowly coming
to an end. Long-planned joint naval maneuvers with Uruguay were scheduled
for March 1982. As the Argentinian newspaper La Prensa had prophesied a
month earlier, 'The only thing which can save this government is a war.' "

"Hastings and Jenkins quote an American official as saying, 'Far from
proving that aggression does not pay, Britain has only proved that resisting
it can be ridiculously expensive.'"

Fully disagree with that official. May I remind the words of his com-patriot
Patrick Henry (1775): Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death. The British
obviously learned something from those times, but did that US official
forget them?
http://libertyonline.hypermall.com/henry-liberty.html

--
Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Stamps site Rune Worldwide Stamps 0 October 4th 05 05:52 PM
Stamps site Rune US Stamps 0 October 4th 05 05:51 PM
STAMPS EXCHANGE SITE AlainPierron Marketplace 0 September 29th 04 07:50 PM
New site about "Arts on Stamps" amesh \(Mette\) General Discussion 20 September 9th 04 03:22 AM
Any chicken stamps web site?? Lefty General Discussion 0 January 12th 04 10:35 AM