Ebay Question

Old December 18th 08, 11:02 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Bob

Default Ebay Question

I've been cleaning out the closets and selling odds and ends on Ebay,
I have had a rash of no paying bidders since they changed their policy
and won;t let you leave negatives.

So I go through the process, get a final value fee credit and when you
close out the case, they say the buyer will get a negative for not
paying, however I haven't seen one of them get one yet and a couple of
a few months old now.

Anyone know why this is?

Happy Holidays!

Bob
Old December 18th 08, 11:33 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3[_2_]

Honestly, I've dumped Ebay like a hot rock as a venue to sell
anything. It cost too much to sell there. If I buy anything from
them, I research it to make sure I can't get it cheaper elsewhere.
Their stupid new nit pick rules have turned me away from them too.
If I have an unresolved problem with a person regarding a
transaction, I want to be able to post it for others to see and
warn them about this person.

I wish that I could give you a logical answer to your question,
but we're dealing with the shadow of a once great selling
website...

I hope everyone, yes everyone, has a very Merry Christmas (or the
holiday of your choice) and a great 2009. We definitely all need
and deserve it.

--

Mike
Gummby3

Old December 18th 08, 03:25 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
John[_8_]

"Bob" wrote in message
I've been cleaning out the closets and selling odds and ends on Ebay,
I have had a rash of no paying bidders since they changed their policy
and won;t let you leave negatives.

So I go through the process, get a final value fee credit and when you
close out the case, they say the buyer will get a negative for not
paying, however I haven't seen one of them get one yet and a couple of
a few months old now.

Anyone know why this is?

Happy Holidays!

Bob

They get a non payer strike, not a neg. 3 strikes and your out. Of course
they can always set up another account. I make several hundred sales a month
and always get one or two non payers. Most of them are newbies and I file
the non payer claim and always get a refund on my fees.

Back to lurking
Merry Christmas,
John

Old December 18th 08, 03:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Hey Bob, as you know, I've posted here about problems too... I had a
neutral for NO reason (I paid first day, product arrived, I left good
feedback and thought it was a regular transaction then neutral) and
they counted it as a NEGATIVE. why? Doesn't even make any common
sense. anyway, they also keep changing their rules and spin it to
make it sound like buyers/sellers are getting better deals, but if you
notice, the final value fees always shoot up and you end up LOSING
more! So they are deceptive, which, like Gummby has turned me away
from them. I still bid on stuff but rarely now. I used to search
daily. Now it's only when I am looking for something in particular;
no more browsing. And selling? It's the worst!

The only thing I can suggest is contact LIVE someone and ask them.
I've noticed that email does nothing (and finding the contact is
always tough). Live seems to do more.

Old December 18th 08, 11:05 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Lorrie S.[_2_]

"John" wrote in message
They get a non payer strike, not a neg. 3 strikes and your out. Of course

they can always set up another account. I make several hundred sales a month
and always get one or two non payers. Most of them are newbies and I file
the non payer claim and always get a refund on my fees.

There is no three strikes and you're out. There are NPB with 50 strikes
that are still on eBay. It is just a lie to make the seller feel better and
more secure. eBay makes money off listing fees and the sellers who fail to
get a FVF refund, so there is no incentive to weed out the deadbeats. eBay
won't exist at all in a couple of years due to their new self-destructive
policies.

Old December 19th 08, 04:16 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
chip1057

Mike,
Who do you use now to sell some duplicates of autographs or
other collectibles? It's been really slow on eBay.

Chip

Old December 19th 08, 06:20 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3[_2_]

To be honest, I don't sell my autographs and have only did a trade
once. For the most part, I usually only get a single autograph for my
collection. I only have a handful of celebs in my collection that I
have more than one. Majel Roddenberry, RIP, is one of them. She was
the first convention guest that I was a signing table assistant for.
At the end of the weekend, she gave me three autographs and would not
let me pay for them. As for buying autographs from Ebay, I do that
sparingly, especially the last few years. If I do buy, it's after a
LOT of research of the seller and the item.

Old December 31st 08, 05:43 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
[email protected]

i sell some stuff on ebay, sell a lot of stuff through r and r
auctions and iconic memorabilia- both of them have buyers who know
what they are looking for and if a fair price is out there, are very
willing to spend the money. ebay is a hard sell anyway. i sell a lot
of stuff in bulk for bulk prices, that's the way i've done it for the
most part anyway. it's really a buyer's market out there any way you
slice it. everything is slow in this awful economy.
mike

Ebay Question Max Autographs 5 June 17th 07 12:22 AM
OT-ebay question barbara beardsley Coins 15 May 3rd 06 12:15 AM
ebay question Bob Peterson Coins 1 May 28th 05 09:17 PM
Question regarding eBay Ask Seller a Question James Higby Coins 4 November 21st 04 12:02 AM