Waterman Phileas at Swisher's

Old September 7th 04, 04:19 AM
Tim McNamara

"Bluesea" writes:

"John B. Egger" wrote in message

The nearby Office Depot just told me they no longer carry bottled
writing ink. (I'd asked for Parker Quink, black.) This is PITIFUL.

Huh. That *is* bad. The OD here has/had? Quink and MB black. I
wonder if they'll quit, too.

Staples has only Quink black and those are the only stores locally
in which I've seen bottled ink.

Our local art store, Wet Paint in St. Paul, carries a selection of
fountain pen inks- mainly Parker and Sheaffer plus some J. Herbin.
But way better than nothing! Perhaps there's an art store near you
with similar stock.
Old September 7th 04, 04:37 AM
DaveW

As to local ink availability in Los Angeles.....

Some of the art supply stores have Waterman, Skrip, Quink, Pelikin and
or Montblanc in a few colors, but it is spotty and they are generally
out of the way.

G. H. Daniels Company, (or was it H. G.?) used to be located on 6th
Street, near MacArthur Park. They were a huge art and graphics supply
store and carried lots of ink. They had been in business something like
100 years and closed up a couple of years ago.

There is a fountain pen shop, used to be in downtown LA, open only
during the hours I have to be at work 15 miles away. They are now
located another 10 miles to the east (bad) but may now be open on
Saturdays (good). Of course I can incur some hefty shipping charges for
the price of a 50 mile round trip.

Regards,

DAve
Old September 7th 04, 02:15 PM
Clawhound

John B. Egger wrote:
DaveW wrote:

My reunion with fountain pens has made me miss all the stationers that
Staples and Office Depot forece out of business. You just can't find
much ink localy (Los Angeles) these days, unless you want black.

Regards,

DAve

The nearby Office Depot just told me they no longer carry bottled
writing ink. (I'd asked for Parker Quink, black.) This is PITIFUL.

I feel lucky that I live near multiple pen stores here in the DC area.
Buying is easy. Too easy.

CH

Old September 9th 04, 12:37 AM
Dave

"Derf (not to be confused with Fred)" wrote:

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 18:39:11 -0400, "Jack Harrell"
wrote:

Anyone know of a nice pen shop in the Atlanta area?

Artlite Pens, 1851 Piedmont Rd.

NOTE:

That web site should be:

http://www.artlite.net/