bent clip...how to bend back without breaking?

Old September 8th 04, 05:36 AM
Adam Bailey

Default bent clip...how to bend back without breaking?

I have a pelikan m200 that i use on a daily basis, and the other day had
it clipped in my pants pocket. i was carrying my laptop computer case,
and a strap from the case got caught on the end of the clip, and i went
to put the computer case down, and it bent the clip. now there is about
a 1/8" gap between the bottom end of the clip and the cap. the bend is
up at the top of the clip, right where it connects to the cap. it looks
like it needs to be bent down instead of in toward the cap, if that
makes any sense. i tried bending it with my hands, but it wont budge.
i am worried if i use pliers or something that the clip will snap right
off.
so, my question is this: how do i bend my clip back to its original
position without breaking it off?

thanks in advance for any help

Adam Bailey

ps: if my description of my bend doesn't suffice, i can take a picture
of it and post it someplace for all to see.

Old September 8th 04, 06:09 PM
James Goodwin

Adam Bailey wrote in message ...
I have a pelikan m200 that i use on a daily basis, and the other day had
it clipped in my pants pocket. i was carrying my laptop computer case,
and a strap from the case got caught on the end of the clip, and i went
to put the computer case down, and it bent the clip. now there is about
a 1/8" gap between the bottom end of the clip and the cap. the bend is
up at the top of the clip, right where it connects to the cap. it looks
like it needs to be bent down instead of in toward the cap, if that
makes any sense. i tried bending it with my hands, but it wont budge.
i am worried if i use pliers or something that the clip will snap right
off.
so, my question is this: how do i bend my clip back to its original
position without breaking it off?

thanks in advance for any help

Adam Bailey

Adam, as a long time Parker pen user, I have found that once the clip
is bended, it loses its tightness and becomes loose when you clip it
to the shirt pocket. This is a permanent problem and cannot be
rectified by the pen amateur without breaking off the clip. That is
why I have taken great pains to ensure that I do not clip the pen on
to notebooks, thick pockets in thick shirts etc. When I acquire
Parker ball pens on ebay, I have found some pens with the clips not as
tight as they were when they were new.

My suggestion is to send it to the Pelikan service center and ask them
if they can repair or replace the clip for you under their lifetime
warranty.

But in the future, be careful when you clip the pen to anything
thicker than the thinnest shirt pocket.

James K. Goodwin