Obama to Russia - Go ahead and bomb us, I won't stop you!

Old April 7th 10, 02:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.comics.strips
TBerk

Default Obama to Russia - Go ahead and bomb us, I won't stop you!

Scurvy had his mind made up for him, then goes along with the party
line. Of course he'll deny being taken for a ride.
But the facts have been twisted to serve the already chosen plan of
propaganda.

Look, there was a backlash to the Bush Presidency. Along with the
"did it swing too far the other way?" question is another question;
There is a lot of hate and foaming at the mouth by folks who don't
seem to want the Country to work, instead they seem to want to kill
somebody. The guy I hear them talking about, the guy at the head of
the list was elected to the highest office.

Are they Revolutionaries? Anarchists? Maybe just plain ol', garden
variety Racists. ("we can't help ourselves, this is how we were
raised..."). Can you be a Patriot and still act like that?

America will always have those people disagree with. And leaders who
can't satisfy everyone. And our fair share of folks who have become
afraid, and lash out in fear and hate.

My ending thought is the take-away; It's not about "either with us or
against us", it's really "are you working toward the greater good or
are you just looking after yourself?".

berk
Old April 7th 10, 01:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.comics.strips
Scurvy Dog[_2_]

"TBerk" wrote in message
[...]

I'm just looking out for myself.
Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you.

Old April 7th 10, 02:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.comics.strips
Detox

On Apr 6, 2:32*pm, "Scurvy Dog" wrote:
Obama heeded the call of his masters in the Kremlin and announced that the USA
would not use its nuclear weapons EVEN IF ATTACKED.
So go ahead Russia, bomb New York - Obama won't do a goddamn thing.
Obama must be impeached and put on trial for what he is - a traitor.

A modest request. Would those of you interested in continuing this
thread please delete rec.arts.comics.strips from the list of groups
being copied.

I hesitate to speak for the larger group, but the massive silence from
that quarter suggests that "we" aren't interested in this particular
discussion. It lacks even a tangential relationship to comics.

--
Many thanks in advance,
Dann
Old April 7th 10, 03:37 PM posted to rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.comics.strips
Juan Anonly

On 2010-04-07 06:23:22 -0700, Detox said:

I hesitate to speak for the larger group, but the massive silence from
that quarter suggests that "we" aren't interested in this particular
discussion. It lacks even a tangential relationship to comics.

Now THERE, ladies and gentlemen, is an optimist!
--
-- Beware the delicate, tiny, very talented celebrity starlets.

Old April 7th 10, 04:18 PM posted to rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.comics.strips
tke

In article 2010040707372081022-nobody@nowherecom,

On 2010-04-07 06:23:22 -0700, Detox said:

I hesitate to speak for the larger group, but the massive silence from
that quarter suggests that "we" aren't interested in this particular
discussion. It lacks even a tangential relationship to comics.

Now THERE, ladies and gentlemen, is an optimist!

The massive silence here is the rest of us...
NOT feeding the troll!

God kills a kitten every time you feed a troll. And a few random people,
and a few random other animals, but never a politician. Feeding trolls
doesn't help getting rid of politicians. Don't feed the trolls.
Old April 8th 10, 10:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.comics.strips
Bill Anderson

David Oberman wrote:
On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 23:20:34 +0300, TT wrote:

No country would be fool enough to actually attack USA.

They'd better not -- or we'll clock 'em!

I wouldn't want to appear on topic of course, but wasn't this exactly
what President Henry Fonda said to Russia in Fail-Safe? Or was it
President Fonda who dropped an A-bomb on New York? Sure am glad we're
not living in the good old days.

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog
Old April 9th 10, 12:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.comics.strips
Scurvy Dog[_2_]

"Bill Anderson" wrote in message
news
David Oberman wrote:
On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 23:20:34 +0300, TT wrote:

No country would be fool enough to actually attack USA.

They'd better not -- or we'll clock 'em!

I wouldn't want to appear on topic of course, but wasn't this exactly what
President Henry Fonda said to Russia in Fail-Safe? Or was it President Fonda
who dropped an A-bomb on New York? Sure am glad we're not living in the good
old days.

Pres. Fonda only dropped the big one on NYC because his wife was there!

Old April 13th 10, 04:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.comics.strips
Jim Beaver

"Ray Faiola" wrote in message
Where's Slim Pickens when we NEED him!!?!

Writing OT newsgroup posts under the name "Scurvy Dog."

Jim Beaver