Arthur Morrison

Old March 12th 04, 04:27 PM
Dan Morrison

Default Arthur Morrison

Folks --

I am looking for a copy of "Shadows Around Us" -- it is a collection
of authentic ghost stories by Arthur Morrison. Published in the UK
sometime in the late 19th century. Any and all leads would be
appreciated.

-- Dan Morrison
Old March 17th 04, 03:25 AM
John Pelan

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:45:56 -0000, "michael adams"
wrote:

"John Pelan" wrote in message
.. .
On 12 Mar 2004 08:27:15 -0800, (Dan Morrison)
wrote:

Folks --

I am looking for a copy of "Shadows Around Us" -- it is a collection
of authentic ghost stories by Arthur Morrison. Published in the UK
sometime in the late 19th century. Any and all leads would be
appreciated.

-- Dan Morrison

It is a very scarce book... However, I do happen to know that it is
scheduled for reprinting by Battered Silicon Dispatch as part of a
three-volume collection of Morrison. You might Google a listing for
Battered Silicon Dispatch or query their primary distributor Charles
McKee. Pay no attention to the useless pontificatings by the
Adams-troll.

Very good Pelan.

A positive contribution to the NewsGroup from you for a change.

A change? A suspect that a Google-search might in order, trollboy.

If a little late, as per usual.

Sorry, Adams... Unlike you, I don't sit glued to the computer 24/7. I
saw a query that I was able to help with and responded. Do you have a
problem with that?

Although I think you'll find that your contributions - few as they are
anyway - might carry somewhat more authority - a difficult enough task
as it is, I'd imagine, in your case - if you didn't also try and use them
as an opportunity to settle old scores.

I have no "old scores" to settle. You are remarkably unimportant to
me. I simply noticed that you had (as usual) seized a query on a
particular subject to blast off into the aether on one of your
peculiar tangents and warned the OP accordingly.

Cheers,

Back to the "Cheers" again I see Pelan. Good old "Cheers" eh ?

So redolent of that spirit of bonhomie, of which you are so
conspicuously lacking.

I tend to sign most of my posts and correspondence in this manner,
unless I am addressing you; in which case "**** off" serves quite
nicely.

Yes indeed.

michael adams

**** off.

John
Old March 17th 04, 07:46 PM
Haunted River

Michael:

Don't waste your breath or energy on John Pelan - the man is a liar
and a control freak who breaks every rule to further his own
interests. I had thought he might have changed his ways after a series
of spectacular blunders elsewhere but I can see that I might have to
dust off the Pelan waxwork and put it back on display at my Chamber Of
Horrors......

Let's see....he's created sock puppets to infiltrate other people's
Yahoo groups whilst arguing that to do so is wrong; he's accused
innocent people of infiltrating his own Yahoo groups; oh, he once
claimed that I would be spending Christmas in "Norfolk jail" because I
quoted Alan Rickman at one of his mates after said mate insulted my
mother by way of polite discussion; plus of course there was his
notorious claim that the Sax Rohmer estate would be suing me for
writing a Sax Rohmer parody (two years on still heard nothing); legion
are the lies and foul slanders that have spectacularly blown up in his
face; and then of course there is the habitual foul language. Oh, and
let's not forget what his preoccupation with sadistic pulp literature
reveals about his subconscious.

It seems pretty clear to me that you replied pretty usefully to the
original enquiry, but that Pelan fears or hates you, hence his
vaudeville routine of branding you a troll.

Talking of vaudeville routines, you might be interested in issue two
of Weirdly Supernatural which has just come out, featuring a notorious
vaudeville villain called Prof Peliarty. No relation of course, but
its proving to be one of the most popular items in the journal.

Chris Barker
The Haunted River
www.users.waitrose.com/~hauntedriver

PS. Seriously, if you get any hassle from the ex-nightclub thug Pelan
(habits are so hard to break, eh Jack?) drop me aline and I can refer
you to several specific examples of proven bad behaviour by Pelan.

"michael adams" wrote in message ...
"John Pelan" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:45:56 -0000, "michael adams"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

You answered this one quick enough though didn't you eh?

Oh dear! If only you'd had the patience to wait a while.

I saw a query that I was able to help with and responded.

Do you have a problem with that?

Given that I just wrote "Very Good Pelan", I'd imagine that most readers
with even minimal comprehension skills, would immediately recognise
that question as being somewhat superfluous.

Except you that is, for some unaccountable reason.

Although I think you'll find that your contributions - few as they are
anyway - might carry somewhat more authority - a difficult enough task
as it is, I'd imagine, in your case - if you didn't also try and use
them as an opportunity to settle old scores.

I have no "old scores" to settle. You are remarkably unimportant to
me.

So you keep saying.

I simply noticed that you had (as usual) seized a query on a
particular subject to blast off into the aether on one of your
peculiar tangents and warned the OP accordingly.

Cheers,

Back to the "Cheers" again I see Pelan. Good old "Cheers" eh ?

So redolent of that spirit of bonhomie, of which you are so
conspicuously lacking.

I tend to sign most of my posts and correspondence in this manner,
unless I am addressing you; in which case "**** off" serves quite
nicely.

Yes indeed.

michael adams

**** off.

Original if nothing else, I suppose.

michael adams

John

Old March 17th 04, 07:53 PM
Haunted River

Oops, I forgot to say that Pelan and one or two of his cronies have
been trying to brand me a troll elsewhere. Their Hitler Youth Movemnet
tried to inflict a new FAQ on the group (which failed) after failing
to get a popular mandate to have me officially branded 'troll'. They
then spent a very silly week chasing me round with a silly troll FAQ
which promptly backfired upon them, so they've stopped it. Now they
are quietly nursing their bruised egos. Meanwhile, general discussion
goes on, proving that those frustrated egocentric few who wish to
incite witch-hunts are the biggest threats, not the alleged witches.

CB
Old March 18th 04, 07:52 PM
John Pelan

(Haunted River) wrote in message . com...
[...]

This is a standard reply to someone whose vendettas have darkened the
tone of alt.books.ghost-fiction for many years.

Reasoned argument and factual refutation have failed to stop his
attacks. Even a cursory glance at the newsgroup's archives will
readily establish that fact. Therefore, many long-time contributors to
this group have agreed to share this message as the most appropriate
response to his accusations.

Anyone who cares to separate fact from false allegation is welcomed to
contact the people, societies, businesses, and publications that are
his constant targets.

We look forward to hearing from you.