Fakes and Terrorism (Again)

Old June 8th 05, 12:10 AM
Jeff R

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 14:22:04 +1000, "Jeff R"
wrote:

Yes, you quoted small portions, then added your own constructions, and
claimed them as mine.

These were YOUR words. I quoted YOUR words, word for word.

Yes, and again (what, the fifth time now?) I acknowledge MY words.

The trouble is, you then add your own comnpletely-wrong constructions to my
words and call them mine.
You embellish my opinions with absurd statements of your own.

You do this so often you probably don't even realise it anymore.

--
Jeff R.

Old June 8th 05, 12:16 AM
Alan Williams

Edward McGrath wrote:

Alan wrote: You brought it up at every turn, trying to rub my nose
repeatedly into the most painful event of my life. snip I've been
reading and posting in RCC since the beginning of 2002 and I've never
seen Reid bring anything up about your loss Alan. I've only seen you and
a few others attack Reid relentlessly. Alan I'm very sorry for you and
your wife's loss but it seems you keep bringing this tragedy up not
Reid. What's past is past and all your doing is opening up a painful
wound on your own heart, your not hurting anyone but yourself. Alan take
care of yourself. Ed

I take it you are *not* retired. ;-)

Alan
'everyone's outta step but Johnny'
Old June 8th 05, 12:19 AM
Jeff R

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
.. when you
called yourself A.Gent and still.cranky. LOL.

There.
There's an easily accessible lie.

Despite your repeated attempts to embed this Goldsborough Factoid into the
common lore, I never called myself "still.cranky".

FYI, I munged my email address by naming it:

A pretty easy-to-understand statement of opinion.

Yet you continue, in every second post (or so) to perpetuate YOUR
construction that I was somehow still cranky at everything. You always
conveniently neglect to mention the " when you delightedly quote
the "still.cranky"

Do you understand why people don't like to broadcast their genuine email
addresses, Reid?
Do you know what a spam-bot is, Reid?
Can you read, Reid?

--
Jeff R.
(wondering why he doesn't accuse me of being "contact.me")

Old June 8th 05, 12:22 AM
Jeff R

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message

Let me try to be as clear as I can. I want absolutely nothing to do
with you. I abhor how you act, what you do, your stupid flame attacks
and your idiotic denials. I have zero respect for what you say, for
your character and your integrity. You don't collect what I collect,
and I consider your "thoughts" about common numismatic topics such as
negotiating beyond foolish. So ... ignore me! OK? I will be very, very
happy to ignore you. We'll have a deal then. If you do this little
thing, this one little thing, if you have the fortitude to be decent
about this, to be "A.Gent," this newsgroup, and in a tiny but
appreciable way this world, will be a more peaceful place.

Sure.
My opinion exactly, anyway.

Just stop posting bile-filled, sanctimonious, self-aggrandising jibes at
others and I'll be happy - nay, *delighted* - to ignore you.

--
Jeff R.
(and I mean it, too.)

Old June 8th 05, 12:28 AM
Jeff R

"Edward McGrath" wrote in message
I've been
reading and posting in RCC since the beginning of 2002 and I've never
seen Reid bring anything up about your loss Alan.

Yes Ted, and your own personal powers of observation have been demonstrated
quite effectively in the last week. You really are digging yourself in
deeper with each post.

Friendly advice:
You really should quit now - at least for a while.
Take a break, tend the dahlias.
Do yourself a favour.

--
Jeff R.
(no more wisecracks)

Old June 8th 05, 04:45 AM
Phil DeMayo

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 23:39:32 -0400, Leo M. Cavanaugh III
wrote:

What's sad is that he is utterly incapable of understanding anything
of what you wrote in your eloquent post. Too bad.

Sadder still is the fact that Reid's only support comes from perhaps
the two dumbest people ever to inhabit this newsgroup.

Old June 8th 05, 06:12 AM
Reid Goldsborough

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 09:10:13 +1000, "Jeff R"
wrote:

The trouble is, you then add your own comnpletely-wrong constructions to my
words and call them mine.

The following were YOUR words about negotiating in numismatics. You
use the word "haggling" to mean "negotiating," putting the worst spin
on this practice, central to how coins are bought and sold among
dealers and to a lesser though still substantial extent with
collectors as well.

"I consider haggling over the price as akin to begging for spare
change at the railway station. It is undignified and unpleasant. It
yields "victories" to the most obnoxious and insulting buyers....

"It seems to me that most folk prefer it that buying should be a
-game-, where the rudest, most aggressive, and most persistently
obnoxious loudmouth should get the best deal. People who find it
"fun" would likely have found shoplifting "fun", in their youth. The
shopkeeper is the "enemy", and can afford it anyway....

"Haggling is a process of begging, whining, demanding, standing-over,
bullying, offering, persisting and otherwise making so much of a
nuisance of oneself that the seller relents and lowers the price....

"Some folk like to haggle because they see sport in driving the price
down, and reducing the seller's margin. The more they diddle the
seller, the better it is and the cleverer thay are. I don't see the
joy in depriving the seller of his profit. Its akin to shoplifting.
Dealers aren't in the business for their health. They sell to pay the
bills. To put food on the table. To pay for the kids' education. To
pay the mortgage. The fact that their commodity is *our* discretionary
pastime is irrelevant. For them it is the way they survive. Do we
begrudge the dealer a *fair* profit? Should we be cocky and proud and
boastful when, in the course of pursuing our hobby, we reduce a man's
income? Bah! That's Goldsborough morality."

Are you going to deny you said this? Are you going to deny that by
equating negotiating with begging and stealing and bullying and
driving down a seller's profit (which he needs "to put food on the
table" and "pay for the kids' education"!!!) and all the rest you're
calling those who like it ethically depraved? Are you going to deny
that you're a sanctimonious hypocrite?

--

Email: (delete "remove this")

Consumer: