FA: Dracula, 1st edition (1897)

Old September 22nd 07, 11:05 AM posted to alt.horror,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books.marketplace
Dr Walpurgis

Default FA: Dracula, 1st edition (1897)

On 2007-09-22 09:31:59 +0100, "Rob Fleece" said:

what do you want? a ****ing blue peter badge?

Hey, just coz you don't have any books worth more than a dry tit sack don't
mean you gotta be jealous of the seller.

Both seller and buyer are manifestly ON CRACK.

--
"This whole thread was begun by a troll from the alt. horror newsgroup
which sadly appears to house a motley crew of disturbed and unpleasant

Old September 24th 07, 06:44 AM posted to alt.horror,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books.marketplace
Rich Clancey

In rec.arts.books Dr Walpurgis wrote:
The first one, NOSFERATU, is one of the greatest horror movies of all
time, and still stands as one today.
You refer, I assume, to the first *American* version, which no one will
disagree is VERY POOR. The Spanish version shot-back-to-back on the
same sets is an improvement and worth checking out.

Yes, you're right about the timing. I nver did catch up to
Nosferatu. I didn't know it was "inspired" by Stoker, since the
Vampyr myth is an old one. What was the Spanish version called?

--
rich clancey
"Shun those who deny we have eyes in order to see, and instead say we

Old September 24th 07, 08:34 AM posted to alt.horror,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books.marketplace
Dr Walpurgis

Old September 24th 07, 08:58 PM posted to alt.horror,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books.marketplace
Francis A. Miniter

On 2007-09-22 09:31:59 +0100, "Rob Fleece" said:

what do you want? a ****ing blue peter badge?

Hey, just coz you don't have any books worth more than a dry tit sack
don't
mean you gotta be jealous of the seller.

Both seller and buyer are manifestly ON CRACK.

You think so? Check out http://used.addall.com . There are at least 7 copies
listed there with asking prices in excess of $5,000, and a few just under $5K.

Francis A. Miniter
Old September 24th 07, 09:09 PM posted to alt.horror,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books.marketplace
Dr Walpurgis

On 2007-09-24 20:58:12 +0100, "Francis A. Miniter"
said:

what do you want? a ****ing blue peter badge?

Hey, just coz you don't have any books worth more than a dry tit sack don't
mean you gotta be jealous of the seller.

Both seller and buyer are manifestly ON CRACK.

You think so? Check out http://used.addall.com . There are at least 7
copies listed there with asking prices in excess of $5,000, and a few
just under $5K.

Listen, FRANCINE, I've used better books to SWAT FLIES.

Old September 25th 07, 12:37 AM posted to alt.horror,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books.marketplace
Jared

On Sep 24, 3:44 pm, Rich Clancey wrote:

Yes, you're right about the timing. I nver did catch up to
Nosferatu. I didn't know it was "inspired" by Stoker, since the
Vampyr myth is an old one.

"Inspired" as in "found guilty of copyright infringement".

Old September 25th 07, 08:14 AM posted to alt.horror,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.books.marketplace
bod

On 2007-09-24 20:58:12 +0100, "Francis A. Miniter"
said:

what do you want? a ****ing blue peter badge?

Hey, just coz you don't have any books worth more than a dry tit sack
don't
mean you gotta be jealous of the seller.

Both seller and buyer are manifestly ON CRACK.

You think so? Check out http://used.addall.com . There are at least 7
copies listed there with asking prices in excess of $5,000, and a few
just under $5K.

Listen, FRANCINE, I've used better books to SWAT FLIES.

you couldnt swat flies with that last sale....the tatty bit of ****e would
have fallen to bits, it was THAT OLD!!
some SPASTICS will stump up any amount of cash for a BIT OF TAT...talk about
SUCKERD IN....you can get the film for a few quid from play.com and you dont
even have to waste the time READING IT!

--
regards from BOD!

"dont worry yoko, its only a friggin water pist...."
JOHN LENNON 1980

http://www.myspace.com/bodland
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=bodland