Top or Bottom Posting?

Old January 25th 05, 06:48 PM
The Silver Jar...

Default Top or Bottom Posting?

Don't quote anything at all and let the readers figure out what you're
referring to... ;-)

Nah, i generally prefer bottom posting... i say prefer, it's kinda
more the result of being driven home with a massive hammer.

I have for several years participated on a Railway group and on there
if you constantly top post you get hastled about it and some even take
to killfiling to rid themselves of a top poster. A bit lame and
pathetic really, but that's trainspotters... no rail enthusiasts for
you. ;-)

So generally for once i go with the flow, which is not usually like me
at all. I can see the arguments about bottom posting being better and
i generally agree with them. However top posting is sometimes more
effective if it's short and snappy. I generally feel uncomfortable top
posting myself but that's force of habit, i don't particularly have
problems either way.

The only thing that does annoy me very much is not actually related to
top posting but more to bottom posting. Where individuals take a huge
block of writing that goes beyond the first page of google (so you
have to click on the 'read rest of message' bit), well they take that
huge block of text and quote the whole damn lot and stick in
response... 'ditto' or the like.

Now that is a waste of time, they could just top post that if they
can't be bothered to cut and paste.

Sylvester.
Old January 25th 05, 09:50 PM
linxlvr

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:48:13 -0800, The Silver Jar... wrote:

Don't quote anything at all and let the readers figure out what you're
referring to... ;-)

Nah, i generally prefer bottom posting... i say prefer, it's kinda more
the result of being driven home with a massive hammer.

I have for several years participated on a Railway group and on there if
you constantly top post you get hastled about it and some even take to
killfiling to rid themselves of a top poster. A bit lame and pathetic
really, but that's trainspotters... no rail enthusiasts for you. ;-)

8--------------------------------------------------------------------
What railway group? Is it usually pretty active, like this group?
--
DW

Old January 26th 05, 07:01 AM
The Silver Jar...

I dunno why this google reply system refuses to co-operate with me,
but since this will end up at the bottom of the page threads it'll be
near where it should be.

The aforementionned railway group is just as active as this place is,
if not more so actually. Called UK.Railway, a search in the groups
section of google would soon bring that up.

Sylvester.

Polly Pockets with Dolls & Other PP Items F S Sue from NY General 0 August 28th 03 05:54 PM
Polly Pockets with Dolls & Other PP Items FS Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 28th 03 05:51 PM
CPK Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 19th 03 04:12 AM
CPK Items For Sale!!! Disregard Below - Sorry Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 08:48 PM
Polly Pockets Inside Assorted Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 06:37 PM