Rowe cd-100c player issue

Old July 25th 13, 07:29 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default Rowe cd-100c player issue

Hi Everyone,

I picked up a Rowe cd-100c. I have gone through it and have one issue left, it won't play cds. It picks the cd up puts it on the player spins it a bit and then rejects it. Once in a while the player will spin the disc backwards. I do have a red glow so the laser is firing. I have swapped out the player and the new player works fine. I am leaning towards a decoder board. Any ideas would help. I did clean the laser and the lens.
Old July 26th 13, 02:21 PM
Alan Hood Alan Hood is offline
Senior Member

Location: Sheffield UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Hi Everyone,

I picked up a Rowe cd-100c. I have gone through it and have one issue left, it won't play cds. It picks the cd up puts it on the player spins it a bit and then rejects it. Once in a while the player will spin the disc backwards. I do have a red glow so the laser is firing. I have swapped out the player and the new player works fine. I am leaning towards a decoder board. Any ideas would help. I did clean the laser and the lens.
Hello,

You say you have swapped the laser and the new laser works fine, so how can there be a fault on the decoder, or are you saying that you have swapped the laser to a newer type CDM-4 CDM-12 or CDPRO) and associatted hardware?

From what you are saying the fault sounds as if it is just the laser.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Old July 26th 13, 05:11 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 07/26/2013 6:21 AM, Alan Hood wrote:
;695547 Wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I picked up a Rowe cd-100c. I have gone through it and have one issue
left, it won't play cds. It picks the cd up puts it on the player spins
it a bit and then rejects it. Once in a while the player will spin the
disc backwards. I do have a red glow so the laser is firing. I have
swapped out the player and the new player works fine. I am leaning
towards a decoder board. Any ideas would help. I did clean the laser and
the lens.

Hello,

You say you have swapped the laser and the new laser works fine, so how
can there be a fault on the decoder, or are you saying that you have
swapped the laser to a newer type CDM-4 CDM-12 or CDPRO) and associatted
hardware?

From what you are saying the fault sounds as if it is just the laser.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

As Alan says, the laser is suspect - indeed, the laser light should be
invisible. You can 'see' if the laser is working by using a digital
camera as shown he

http://www.flippers.com/wurlitzr.html#Troubleshooting

Scroll down to #9 and read that.

If another player works fine using the same decoder then the problem is
in the CD drive. Laser, Laser focus, motor control, etc...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com