Rare China Ming Dynasty 50 Cash and 1 Kuan Notes Sold at Lyn KnightAuctions

Old June 26th 08, 03:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
[email protected]

Default Rare China Ming Dynasty 50 Cash and 1 Kuan Notes Sold at Lyn KnightAuctions

http://nutmegcollector.blogspot.com/
Old June 26th 08, 03:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
scottishmoney

wrote in message
http://nutmegcollector.blogspot.com/

I had probably a more passive interest in the 1 Kuan note than you did, but
the bids on it were early, and there was stuff that I was much more
interested in acquiring there. It is curious that some of the British stuff
went for far less than estimate, and definitely less than the price would
have been in the British market had it been auctioned by Spink etc. But as
a bidder/buyer I have no complaints, just wondering where Joel is when I
want my invoice!

The Fanning Island notes were sold for $600, and the whole note there is one
I did not know even existed, someone got a great deal on that one.

There was a significant representation of 19th century Cuban notes, and
those faired pretty firmly on prices -it is one of the nicest assemblages of
notes from there that I have seen.

The third oldest item in the auction:

http://www.lkcaworldpapermoney.com/S...uction_Id=7402

Only netted $600 and did not even meet estimate. One, if I knew more about
it, I might have been interested in.

Old June 26th 08, 04:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
[email protected]

On Jun 26, 10:46*am, "scottishmoney"
wrote:
wrote in message

I think collectors are partial to certain countries. For instance,
Palestinian notes generally got higher prices. I was interested in the
Palestine 5 Pound note. It went for $2888. Lyn Knight estimated value
at $1350-$1500. I feel Lyn Knight usually overestimate the values to
get people to bid higher. SCWPM listed this note for only $650 in XF.

I was also interested in the Bank of England 1 Pound 1826 note which
went for $1400, under LK estimate. But I would have to spend my
government stimulus check to pay for it.
Old June 26th 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
scottishmoney

wrote in message news:a7fe4fa4-b48b-
I was also interested in the Bank of England 1 Pound 1826 note which
went for $1400, under LK estimate. But I would have to spend my
government stimulus check to pay for it.

TC how was it that you got that much on your Govt. Stimulus cheque? The
Hase note is interesting, but a bit out of my collecting genre at the
moment. Actually I did more bidding in their World Sale 14, and got the
notes on Monday, very very quick.

Old June 27th 08, 01:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
scottishmoney

Last evening the live/Ebay auction closed and the 1 Kuan hammered at
$4500.00 and the 50 Cash at $33000.00. TC, you should have bought them when
you had the chance

Old June 27th 08, 02:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
[email protected]

On Jun 27, 8:36*am, "scottishmoney" wrote:
Last evening the live/Ebay auction closed and the 1 Kuan hammered at
$4500.00 and the 50 Cash at $33000.00. *TC, you should have bought them when
you had the chance

Yes, I could have bought both notes from the original owner probably
for under $5000. The good news is know I know my 1 Kuan is worth at
least $5000. Mine has no rips. The one sold by LK has a tear across
the middle.
Old June 27th 08, 02:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
[email protected]

On Jun 27, 9:13*am, wrote:

LK is making a bundle in commissions - they charge 20% on sales from
eBay, $7500 for these 2 notes alone!
Old June 27th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Matthew Brealey

On 27 Jun, 14:45, wrote:
On Jun 27, 9:13*am, wrote: On Jun 27, 8:36*am, "scottishmoney" wrote:

LK is making a bundle in commissions - they charge 20% on sales from
eBay, $7500 for these 2 notes alone!

hmm, 15% for LK, 5% for ebay I think.
Old June 28th 08, 12:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
scottishmoney

"scottishmoney" wrote:

LK is making a bundle in commissions - they charge 20% on sales from
eBay, $7500 for these 2 notes alone!

hmm, 15% for LK, 5% for ebay I think.

$1000+ for the distinct "privilege" of bidding through eBay. :}~