Bhutan

Old January 25th 05, 01:26 PM
TC Blair

Default Bhutan

I agree with Rodney's comments.

Bhutan , for example, caters to:
(a) serious philately,
(b) postal historians, and
(c) stamp collectors just looking for fun.

However , since record players are fast becoming obsolete,
maybe it is time for some stamps in CD or DVD format. 38*O

Blair
Old January 25th 05, 09:32 PM

On 25 Jan 2005 05:26:40 -0800, (TC Blair) wrote:

I agree with Rodney's comments.

Bhutan , for example, caters to:
(a) serious philately,
(b) postal historians, and
(c) stamp collectors just looking for fun.

However , since record players are fast becoming obsolete,
maybe it is time for some stamps in CD or DVD format. 38*O

*** News Blip! ***

The next unique stamp will be Self Adhesive circuit board slices from
Upper Bongoland!

SNA doesn't have the patent on this - Upper Bongoland got there first.

In a rush to the patent office, Window Clerk #1 was tripped by a
traitorous dromedary from Ciedad Leon. The camel was charge with
obstruction of government affairs and sent to isolation in the
Dromedrome (tm).

Bhutan owns only a few older CP/M models from the early 80s so they
can't jump into the fray by manufacturing circuit stamps from their
natural resources. The Bhutanese couldn't wrangle a few rides to the
patent office in time.

For those that remember, Upper Bongoland was given an award a while
back for the varying styles, errors, covers, etc.

These circuit board stamps will allow you to attach a network cable to
them and send email back and forth to Upper Bongoland, which has set
up postal administration networks just for this purpose.

Comments from SNA: "Durned FDC! Ratherblatherssassafraggin
flea-bitten... oops!" (Of course, the FDC were infuriated!)

Comments from Bhutan: "ohhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... We must upgrade our
manufacturing facilities ohhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm to accommodate such
an issue. Our people are ohhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm instead planning on
the next 300 issues, which will be released on ________ and will have
____________." (Rumor has it that they will release stamps on grains
of rice next. this will be steamed rice for extra stickiness.)

Comments from Upper Bongoland: "Refreshing... it's about time we have
regained the spotlight once again!"

When asked about the extra weight these stamps would place on an
envelope, the Upper Bongolese P.A. official simply said "Let them eat
cake!" and walked away.

Well, there you have it philatelists. A new "first" in the stamp
hobby. I wonder what trouble the network frequencies will cause?

"Let them eat cake!"

*** End News Blip! ***
Old January 26th 05, 01:57 AM
Rodney

hehehehehe,
good one Tracy
a fitting response from the grand exponent of Camel Chip tossing

(I was a bit miffed on not being invited to compete)

Old January 26th 05, 02:25 AM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:57:57 +0800, "Rodney"
wrote:

hehehehehe,
good one Tracy
a fitting response from the grand exponent of Camel Chip tossing

Thank you, thank you... my brother thanks you, my mother thanks...
(takes a bow)

(I was a bit miffed on not being invited to compete)

We'll have to get on Victor's "team" (whoops, I'm one of those
honorary types) about getting the mail out in a timely fashion!

| *** News Blip! ***
|
| The next unique stamp will be Self Adhesive circuit board slices from
| Upper Bongoland!

bleep, bleep, blip, blip! (conga type drums playing in background)

Candid Comment~ Bhutan et al; Rodney General Discussion 3 January 26th 05 03:37 AM
bhutan note on ebay Andrew Paper Money 1 November 6th 04 08:55 PM
WTD 1928 Bhutan PS Auroracoin Coins 2 December 27th 03 04:28 PM
Unreported Bhutan 2001 provisionals now Scott listed LN in DC General Discussion 0 November 15th 03 11:25 AM
They deserve a stamp Victor Manta General Discussion 58 October 28th 03 02:24 AM