Difficulty obtaining president dollars.

Old March 8th 09, 03:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dik T. Winter

Default Difficulty obtaining president dollars.

In the past I had no problems obtaining the state quarters and president
dollars from my supplier. But as of 2008 he is apparently not able to
provide me with the president dollars. I do not want rolls, I want single
coins. What is the problem?
--
dik t. winter, cwi, science park 123, 1098 xg amsterdam, nederland, +31205924131
Old March 8th 09, 03:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

"Dik T. Winter" wrote in message
In the past I had no problems obtaining the state quarters and president
dollars from my supplier. But as of 2008 he is apparently not able to
provide me with the president dollars. I do not want rolls, I want single
coins. What is the problem?
--
dik t. winter, cwi, science park 123, 1098 xg amsterdam, nederland,
+31205924131
home: bovenover 215, 1025 jn amsterdam, nederland;
http://www.cwi.nl/~dik/

Hello

Maybe you can purchase the roll, break it up, and sell the other
coins to make up for the extra money you paid the U.S. Mint.

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs...dentifier=8000

Old March 8th 09, 04:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Dik T. Winter wrote:
In the past I had no problems obtaining the state quarters and
president dollars from my supplier. But as of 2008 he is apparently
not able to provide me with the president dollars. I do not want
rolls, I want single coins. What is the problem?

May I assume that your supplier is in Europe? If so, he would likely have
to buy the coins by the roll to be profitable at all, and perhaps he ends up
not selling his entire inventory one coin at a time, and gets stuck with
unsold pieces. You may be a loyal, faithful customer, but it's possible
that you are the only one, or one of just a few, and he has decided that it
just isn't working out any more.

If your supplier is in the U.S., he may have decided that the costs and
risks of shipping one or two low-value coins overseas are just not worth it.
A lot of international shippers have given up because of all the hassle.

James

Old March 8th 09, 02:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

"Dik T. Winter" wrote in message
In the past I had no problems obtaining the state quarters and
president
dollars from my supplier. But as of 2008 he is apparently not able to
provide me with the president dollars. I do not want rolls, I want
single
coins. What is the problem?

Well, one problem could be that you expect readers of this NG to be able
to read your coin dealer's mind.
Another could be your over-inflated sense of entitlement.
Then again, it might just be that you are a jackass.

Old March 8th 09, 02:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Mar 7, 10:25*pm, "Dik T. Winter" wrote:
In the past I had no problems obtaining the state quarters and president
dollars from my supplier. *But as of 2008 he is apparently not able to
provide me with the president dollars. *I do not want rolls, I want single
coins. *What is the problem?
--
dik t. winter, cwi, science park 123, 1098 xg amsterdam, nederland, +31205924131
home: bovenover 215, 1025 jn *amsterdam, nederland;http://www.cwi.nl/~dik/

Honestly, we are having problems getting the Prezibucks coins here in
the U.S.A. too.

One local dealer handled them last year, but got rid of them this year
- he has lines of people wanting to sell scrap gold and his people are
all very busy. His reasoning is why handle the small $$$ markup items
when he can make more doing the scrap.

Getting the most recent issues for face value from a bank is very
problematic.

oly
Old March 8th 09, 02:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

"oly" wrote in message
Getting the most recent issues for face value from a bank is very
problematic.

I don't have a problem getting rolls from my bank.
It usually takes them 2 or 3 weeks after the official release date to
get them.
What I can't get from any of the banks around here are the new "Native
American" coins, the new cents or quarters.

Old March 8th 09, 03:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Mar 8, 9:45*am, "RWF" wrote:
"oly" wrote in message

Getting the most recent issues for face value from a bank is very
problematic.

I don't have a problem getting rolls from my bank.
It usually takes them 2 or 3 weeks after the official release date to
get them.
What I can't get from any of the banks around here are the new "Native
American" coins, the new cents or quarters.

The Native American dollars are available here in Springpatch, at a
premium (a set of P&D for $4.00). They are odd looking coins. The
date now being on the edge, the previous symmetry of the Sackie
obverse has been destroyed. The 2009 proof clad "6 quarter set" is
available here @ $17.00 - the designs are pretty damn bad.

oly

Old March 9th 09, 01:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dik T. Winter

In article "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com writes:
Dik T. Winter wrote:
In the past I had no problems obtaining the state quarters and
president dollars from my supplier. But as of 2008 he is apparently
not able to provide me with the president dollars. I do not want
rolls, I want single coins. What is the problem?

May I assume that your supplier is in Europe?

No, he is in the US.

If your supplier is in the U.S., he may have decided that the costs and
risks of shipping one or two low-value coins overseas are just not worth it.
A lot of international shippers have given up because of all the hassle.

I have had no problems obtaining the state quarters from him. I always
ask for such things in addition to another order. Moreover, I pay the
shipping cost and it is on my risk. I order with him about twice a year
and never had any difficulty with hassle of whatever form.
--
dik t. winter, cwi, science park 123, 1098 xg amsterdam, nederland, +31205924131
Old March 9th 09, 01:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dik T. Winter

In article "RWF" writes:

"Dik T. Winter" wrote in message
In the past I had no problems obtaining the state quarters and
president
dollars from my supplier. But as of 2008 he is apparently not able to
provide me with the president dollars. I do not want rolls, I want
single
coins. What is the problem?

Well, one problem could be that you expect readers of this NG to be able
to read your coin dealer's mind.
Another could be your over-inflated sense of entitlement.
Then again, it might just be that you are a jackass.

Might be. On the other hand he has provided me with state quarters (upto and
including 2008) and the 2007 president dollars.
--
dik t. winter, cwi, science park 123, 1098 xg amsterdam, nederland, +31205924131