Seeburg STD2 Entertainer

Old May 16th 08, 04:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
tip

Default Seeburg STD2 Entertainer

Hi! I have a 1976 STD2 Entertainer (grey box) I have been working
on. I can reliably select a record with any combination of numbers 0,
1, & 2 from the keypad (102, 202, 211. etc) but If I use keypad
numbers 3-9 the reset light comes on (273, 189, 276, etc). I have
opened the keypad box & cleaned keypad contacts. Any ideas what to
try next? Thanks!
Old May 17th 08, 03:55 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony Miller

On Fri, 16 May 2008 08:50:37 -0700 (PDT), tip
wrote:

Hi! I have a 1976 STD2 Entertainer (grey box) I have been working
on. I can reliably select a record with any combination of numbers 0,
1, & 2 from the keypad (102, 202, 211. etc) but If I use keypad
numbers 3-9 the reset light comes on (273, 189, 276, etc). I have
opened the keypad box & cleaned keypad contacts. Any ideas what to
try next? Thanks!

Check the diode on the small board behind the Seletor. Unplug from
the black box first. Also, check continuity between black box small
connector J3705 pin 11 and the Selector, but not with the black box
plugged in. If both are good, check for a broken foil between J3705
pin 11 and pin 2 of the transmitter logic chip. DO NOT check
continuity to the chip. You can blow the outputs. If all is goo, you
probably have a bad transmitter logic chip.

Cheers,

Tony Miller