FA: Canada 10 Piece Aviation Proof Set

Old December 14th 04, 12:07 AM
Harvey Bastacky

Default FA: Canada 10 Piece Aviation Proof Set

Nice set in Mint box, case, with all COA's

Old December 16th 04, 06:22 PM
Ian

Harvey Bastacky wrote:
Nice set in Mint box, case, with all COA's

You ship to USA only(?) Would you consider shipping to UK (surface mail
at my risk)?

Ian
Old December 16th 04, 10:00 PM
gogu

? "Ian" ?????? ??? ??????
Harvey Bastacky wrote:
Nice set in Mint box, case, with all COA's

You ship to USA only(?) Would you consider shipping to UK (surface mail at
my risk)?

Hi Ian !
Are you really looking for such a set ?

--
E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html
http://www.romclub.4t.com/rabin.html

Ian

Old December 16th 04, 11:23 PM
Ian

gogu wrote:
? "Ian" ?????? ??? ??????

Harvey Bastacky wrote:

Nice set in Mint box, case, with all COA's

You ship to USA only(?) Would you consider shipping to UK (surface mail at
my risk)?

Hi Ian !
Are you really looking for such a set ?

I could certainly be persuaded if I don't have to pay the same again in
shipping costs. I've (gulp!...it's confession time) collected worse.
Much much worse. Think `Marshall Islands Aviation' $50 coins (x 24). :-)

Ian
Old December 16th 04, 11:33 PM
JSTONE9352

I could certainly be persuaded if I don't have to pay the same again in
shipping costs. I've (gulp!...it's confession time) collected worse.
Much much worse. Think `Marshall Islands Aviation' $50 coins (x 24). :-)

I have one or two Marshall
Island coins. Something to do
with commemorating a WWII
event. I know there was an airplane
on one of them. I only paid $5 or $6 each for them so it wasen't a big
financial deal. I won't be buying
any more of them.

Old December 16th 04, 11:49 PM
Sheldon England

Are you really looking for such a set ?

I could certainly be persuaded if I don't have to pay the
same again in shipping costs. I've (gulp!...it's confession
time) collected worse. Much much worse. Think `Marshall
Islands Aviation' $50 coins (x 24). :-)

Those MI coins truly feature some nice airplane art. Nothing to be
ashamed of there ... unless you planned to retire based on the earnings
from that investment.

- Sheldon, who likes airplane coins too
Old December 17th 04, 12:16 AM
gogu

? "Ian" ?????? ??? ??????
news
gogu wrote:
? "Ian" ?????? ??? ??????

Harvey Bastacky wrote:

Nice set in Mint box, case, with all COA's

You ship to USA only(?) Would you consider shipping to UK (surface mail
at my risk)?

Hi Ian !
Are you really looking for such a set ?

I could certainly be persuaded if I don't have to pay the same again in
shipping costs. I've (gulp!...it's confession time) collected worse.

Well, I have both series but I had to pay quite a lot of money, I can't
recall exactly right now but it certainly is around 300-350 euro...
I bought the coins separately and then bought the 2 boxes, I had to pay 15
euro each !
Do you think I could take at least the same money I gave to but those 2 sets
?
Do they hold their price?

Much much worse. Think `Marshall Islands Aviation' $50 coins (x 24). :-)

The Marshall Islands ship $50 series is a collection I would like to
purchase but it's not so frequently seen on e-Bay...

Old December 17th 04, 07:41 AM
Ian

JSTONE9352 wrote:
I could certainly be persuaded if I don't have to pay the same again in
shipping costs. I've (gulp!...it's confession time) collected worse.
Much much worse. Think `Marshall Islands Aviation' $50 coins (x 24). :-)

I have one or two Marshall
Island coins. Something to do
with commemorating a WWII
event. I know there was an airplane
on one of them. I only paid $5 or $6 each for them so it wasen't a big
financial deal. I won't be buying
any more of them.

Yes, they did a series in $10 `business' strike coins (Brass) and also
in $50 `proof' strike coins (.999 Ag). Technically, they are excellent,
it's just that they are a bit meaningless as `coins'.

I think there was also a silver $5 with a Warhawk on it but I only have
the $50 coins. 24 coins from the Marshall Islands should be enough for
anyone. ;-)
Old December 17th 04, 07:48 AM
Ian

Sheldon England wrote:
Are you really looking for such a set ?

I could certainly be persuaded if I don't have to pay the
same again in shipping costs. I've (gulp!...it's confession
time) collected worse. Much much worse. Think `Marshall
Islands Aviation' $50 coins (x 24). :-)

Those MI coins truly feature some nice airplane art. Nothing to be
ashamed of there ... unless you planned to retire based on the earnings
from that investment.

- Sheldon, who likes airplane coins too

They are excellent technically and artistically. No doubts about it, and
that's exactly why I bought them. They are also struck in good high
grade .999 silver too, but as you surmise they wouldn't make the
`investment of the Century award'. Fortunately they cost me well under
face value at £230 (circa $450 at todays exchange rate) for the set
complete with case / literature. Maybe I will make a profit when I come
to sell them, but I doubt it unless silver rises rather dramatically. :-)
Old December 17th 04, 08:03 AM
Ian

gogu wrote:
? "Ian" ?????? ??? ??????
news
gogu wrote:

? "Ian" ?????? ??? ??????
.uk...

Harvey Bastacky wrote:

Nice set in Mint box, case, with all COA's

You ship to USA only(?) Would you consider shipping to UK (surface mail
at my risk)?

Hi Ian !
Are you really looking for such a set ?

I could certainly be persuaded if I don't have to pay the same again in
shipping costs. I've (gulp!...it's confession time) collected worse.

Well, I have both series but I had to pay quite a lot of money, I can't
recall exactly right now but it certainly is around 300-350 euro...
I bought the coins separately and then bought the 2 boxes, I had to pay 15
euro each !
Do you think I could take at least the same money I gave to but those 2 sets
?
Do they hold their price?

Coins like that are (with few exceptions) best bought on the secondary
market a few years down the line when the hype has died, and other items
have captured the coin buying publics eye. Very rarely indeed will you
find that modern commem. coins hold their initial sale values.

When I first started collecting coins I did buy one or two proof coins
from distributors (silver Ecu's). Thankfully it was only one or two
otherwise I would have been kicking myself rather severely. Again, with
rare exception (such as the Austrian Niobium coins) I wouldn't dream of
buying modern commem. coins at time of issue. These days I rarely buy
any commem. coins at all.

Much much worse. Think `Marshall Islands Aviation' $50 coins (x 24). :-)

The Marshall Islands ship $50 series is a collection I would like to
purchase but it's not so frequently seen on e-Bay...

Now, if you had said `Aviation' I could have assisted :-)

Ian