SAE toning experiment update

Old June 28th 04, 04:31 PM
Chrysta Wilson

Default SAE toning experiment update

You probably don't remember, but I posted about a silver SAE that I put
in an ordinary mailing envelope in early March of 2003. I posted some
photos here as it started to tone to an all-over deep gold/light russet.
I think this was probably in November.

http://chrystawilson.com/saeexperiment.html

I took it out today to to take more pictures. Wow! I am impressed, if I
do say so myself...and I don't remember what kind of envelope it was, or
anything like that...probably just el cheapo envelopes purchased at
Staples or a drugstore or something, kept on a bookshelf in one of our
bedrooms.

http://chrystawilson.com/saeexp2.html

You like? )

Thinking about getting some more SAEs!
--
~Chrysta~

Old June 28th 04, 04:46 PM
PCameron

"Chrysta Wilson" wrote in message
ews.com...

You like? )

Nice!

Old June 28th 04, 04:49 PM
A.Gent

"Chrysta Wilson" wrote in message
ews.com...
You probably don't remember, but I posted about a silver SAE that I put
in an ordinary mailing envelope in early March of 2003. I posted some
photos here as it started to tone to an all-over deep gold/light russet.
I think this was probably in November.

http://chrystawilson.com/saeexperiment.html

I took it out today to to take more pictures. Wow! I am impressed, if I
do say so myself...and I don't remember what kind of envelope it was, or
anything like that...probably just el cheapo envelopes purchased at
Staples or a drugstore or something, kept on a bookshelf in one of our
bedrooms.

http://chrystawilson.com/saeexp2.html

You like? )

Thinking about getting some more SAEs!
--
~Chrysta~

Wowsers!
Full rainbow in a little over a year!
Youse guys must have toxic envelopes.

Very impressive (as an intellectual exercise), 'though I question the practical
applications.

--
Jeff R.

Old June 28th 04, 04:53 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:31:17 -0400, Chrysta Wilson is alleged to
have written:

You probably don't remember, but I posted about a silver SAE that I put
in an ordinary mailing envelope in early March of 2003. I posted some
photos here as it started to tone to an all-over deep gold/light russet.
I think this was probably in November.

http://chrystawilson.com/saeexperiment.html

I took it out today to to take more pictures. Wow! I am impressed, if I
do say so myself...and I don't remember what kind of envelope it was, or
anything like that...probably just el cheapo envelopes purchased at
Staples or a drugstore or something, kept on a bookshelf in one of our
bedrooms.

http://chrystawilson.com/saeexp2.html

You like? )

Thinking about getting some more SAEs!

Pretty...if it slabs, you could make a lot of money. I've seen coins like that
slabbed with several hundred dollar price tags.

Bruce

Old June 28th 04, 05:36 PM
Scot Kamins

In article . com,
Chrysta Wilson wrote:

http://chrystawilson.com/saeexp2.html

You like? )

Holy cow! :-D

Scot Kamins
--
"Speak your truth, even as your voice quakes."
Old June 28th 04, 06:40 PM
Yousri Ahmad

Very Nice. Tell us what was that envelope, or will that be Chrysta's secret
toning tool?

--
Yousri Ahmad
ANA # R-210745

Old June 28th 04, 06:43 PM
DONDI3

In article , Bruce Hickmott
writes:

Pretty...if it slabs, you could make a lot of money. I've seen coins like
that
slabbed with several hundred dollar price tags.

Bruce

It also illustrates the non-necessity of paying those several hundred dollar
price tags. I wrote about this some time ago and remember several scoffing at
the idea of exposing common silver dollars and silver rounds to air and/or
paper envelopes. I hadn't done the experiementation myself, but had witnessed
the results of a local coin dealer placing silver rounds under his safe for a
few months.

They were spectcular and sold for substantial premiums.

One of the reasons why I don't deal in colored silver dollars, either raw or
slabbed. I shouldn't say I 'never' do, but I avoid them as being simple to
create for one's own amusement. I've toyed with the idea on several occasions,
just to see what a roll of silver eagles would do in a month or so and then
seeing what premiums the results would bring. It may be worth a try.

To a certain extent, the same is true of copper coins. They do wonderful
things, when exposed to air and/or paper, but the chances for other pollutants
damaging the surfaces are much greater and greatly increase the chances of
financial loss, at least on valuable coins.

Dondi3

DONDI enterprises. BUY, SELL, TRADE. RARE COINS & PRECIOUS METALS
Member COINNET, CSNS, ANA, INA, MOON, ILNA.
Old June 28th 04, 06:50 PM
Chrysta Wilson

In article , dondi3
@aol.com says...
In article , Bruce Hickmott
writes:

[...]

But with an 8 dollar eagle, I was willing to take the chance!

--
~Chrysta~

Old June 28th 04, 06:53 PM
PCameron

"Chrysta Wilson" wrote in message
ews.com...

But with an 8 dollar eagle, I was willing to take the chance!

So, what exactly did you do? You just placed the coin in a normal envelope
for several months? Not like I want to try something similar or anything
:-)

Olive oil experiment (almost) updated BobbyShaw Coins 4 April 8th 04 01:43 AM
Toning: real, artificial, in between? -- periodic post Reid Goldsborough Coins 0 January 11th 04 08:01 PM
Toning: real, artificial, in between? -- periodic post Reid Goldsborough Coins 0 December 3rd 03 03:26 AM
Artificial Toning? Mat Coins 8 October 15th 03 06:46 PM
Removing Toning From A Previously Cleaned Coin Larry Louks Coins 7 September 29th 03 02:01 AM