Incandescent Light Bulb Ban Pushed Back

Old December 31st 11, 06:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
[email protected]

Default Incandescent Light Bulb Ban Pushed Back

In article , "Bremick" wrote:

snippets

check newspapers from that era and you see many fires and dead people.
they
were not happy with them. so much so that gaslight was adopted and that
was
dangerous.
the romantic, idealized past wasn't.

Have you checked current newspapers lately? My point was that in the
past,
people were content with what we would consider meager and rudimentary
utilities. But the romance has gone when people today will whine when
their store is out of the preferred wattage or style light bulb.

yeah, people aren't any smarter or better.
people today whine and whine and never do anything thmselves.

I suspect in general that people were more resourceful 100 years ago because
they had to be. There were few other options. Today all you need is money
to provide access to unlimited options. Who can dare imagine what 2112 will
offer?

to paraphrase, it will be not only stranger than we imagine but stranger than
we can imagine.
i just hope some of the human race survives. probably not.
Old December 31st 11, 06:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

In article , Phil DeMayo wrote:
On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 20:11:53 GMT, in
) wrote:

In article , "mazorj" wrote:

"Bremick" wrote in message
Nothing wrong though with cranking up a few of those kerosene lamps and
lanterns some of our rural ancestors surely felt comfortable with. Many
of these fine folks lived to a ripe old age, even after a lifetime of
being exposed to "fumes" from their lamps that today's huggers would gasp
over.

Well, in fairness, their homes weren't hermetically sealed to the extent
that ours are for energy conservation. In particular, cabins and farm
houses had one or more chimneys and the rest of the house leaked like a
sieve so their average air volume turnover rates probably would have been
on the order of an hour or so. Before air conditioning, even modern
housing in warm weather would have enough doors and windows open to have a
lot of circulation.

However, I keep oil and kerosene lamps and candles around for power
outages. Electrical lighting is brighter and far more convenient and
efficient but it just can't match the soft glow of the flickering flames
that lit our ancestors' abodes. Although losing power sucks, lighting the
lamps and candles always puts a little smile on my face.

sadly, there were too many fires then and a lot of carbon dioxide poisonings
because people were careless, cheap and ignorant of how to build safe
heat/light sources. a look at 100 year old newspapers show many deaths.

While there is such a thing as carbon dioxide poisoning...you probably
meant to say carbon monoxide poisoning.

i did indeed, thanks phil. too musch plastic cement. i'm building the 1/32
mosquito i got for xmas. um, airplane, not bug.
Old January 7th 12, 08:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Frank Provasek

On Dec 21 2011, 3:55*am, "Robin Sisler"
wrote:
This is great news! *More time to hoard!

http://www.ecogeek.org/component/content/article/3663

http://www.facebook.com/Numismatist

When President Bush signed the bill, it was praised as a national
security
measure to ban these old bulbs which produce 10% light and 90% waste
heat.
Old January 7th 12, 12:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Michael Ennis

I can only hope we get a GOP President, a GOP Controlled Senate, and the GOP
retains control of the House so we can get crap laws like this that kill
American jobs and take away freedom of choice, REMOVED from the books!
Odumba and Nancy Piglosi/Harry Reid are killing our country and we must
muzzle these people before they completely destroy our country!

Regardless the government can kiss my ass because I have THIRTY cases of 100
watt bulbs that will do me the rest of my life!!!!