The two Bobs and the fake Trade Dollar in fake PCGS slab on eBay:Ira's take on this matter

Old April 21st 09, 01:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default The two Bobs and the fake Trade Dollar in fake PCGS slab on eBay:Ira's take on this matter

On Apr 20, 4:41*pm, Ira wrote:
Realtych writes:

That said, it's funny that the OP himself chose to flame someone for
flaming a generally indefensible person while, oh so subtly in the
process, promoting his own Trade Dollar that he has up for sale.

Is that so? I suppose then I put Frank up to bringing the counterfeit
Trade Dol in the counterfeit slab to everyone's attention just so I
could promote my OWN Trade Dollar? Oh shucks, I forgot to put a link
to my auction piece in the post. Wouldn't have been a bad idea to
compare my REAL one to the phony. Then people here could see what bag
marks and luster are supposed to look like.

No, I think you were taking advantage of the opportunity to both flame
"The Two Bobs" as you put it, and then weasel your way into a sales
promotion for good measure. Otherwise, why did you bring your Trade
Dollars that you have for sale into the conversation and of course
"mention" the price you paid, your asking price, and the fact that you
had it listed on ebay?

You could have just as easily posted a link to Coinfacts or another
online coin site that has a picure of an original to make your point.

My point, as you well know, Dogbreath,

Ah yes!! Your point is that, when all else fails, resort to a
childish insult, huh asshole?

is that bogus pieces hurt all
reputable sellers offering genuine pieces as well as hurting the
buyers who are fooled into buying the phonies. This hurts the hobby as
a whole.

Ira

That's the only valid point you have made all post, you frickin
huckster of overpriced coins.

Tell me Ira, when have you ever discussed coins on this NG when you
weren't peddling something??
Old April 21st 09, 01:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bob F.[_4_]

"Ira" wrote in message
Well, PC, Bob F. believes rarity is the single determinant of value.
Apparently doesn't understand that demand (popularity) are major
determinants of value in the marketplace.

Apparently you believe that because you are selling overpriced coins
(well, actually they really aren't selling, are they) on ebay, that you
are some kind of numismatic genius.
The reality is that you're just a pompous blowhard who compensates for
his feelings of inferiority by coming here to bloviate about what great
coins you hawk.
Pathetic.
BTW ****stain, PLONK

Old April 21st 09, 02:42 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

wrote in message

The difference [between MS69, MS 70 Silver Eagles and "truly" rare coins]
is that you will eventually nearly always get burned
when you buy "trendy" coins for high prices, while you will nearly
always get decent appreciation over time on truly rare ones.

Apples and Oranges.

Lincoln collector demand is hardly a fad. Gross overpayment on common
bullion and proof coins with high grades tend to happen in the first couple
of years of their issue. After the initial rage, prices do in fact deflate
significantly. Lincoln prices, OTOH, have steadily increased especially in
key dates.

The series has been highly collected by collectors the world over for a long
time. This is beyond a two year trend. This is not likely to change
anytime soon. Your comparison is not valid.

Old April 21st 09, 03:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Aladdin Sane

Ira wrote:
On Apr 20, 9:42 am, "Bob F." wrote:
"Ira" wrote in message

... In my view, they are bad actors and deserve to be shunned.

In my view, you are a pompous windbag and a hypocrite.
You normally come here to brag about how much money you have.
What happened, did you "invest" with Bernie Madoff?

Actually, Dip****, one needed $10,000,000 minimum to invest with
Madoff. Only in the last 12 months, so I understand, would he consider
as little as one million $$ as an "investment.." You must be confusing
me with your buddy Olson, the bank examiner and penny elongator.
Excuse me as I have to get dressed in my tux for a luncheon date with
Scrooge McDuck. My treat this time. "Jeeves, get the Corniche washed
please. I'm going out."

I gotta confess to having to look up what a Corniche is. Whew, I guess
that alone disqualifies me from being accused of any Madoff-type deals.
8)

James

Isn't it like a small chicken? A Corniche game hen?

--
*
/?\

A conclusion is simply the place
where you decided to stop thinking.

Old April 21st 09, 03:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Apr 20, 7:07*pm, wrote:
On Apr 20, 4:41*pm, Ira wrote:

Realtych writes:

[...]

As one might rightfully say, "Amen".

oly
Old April 21st 09, 03:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On Apr 20, 6:42*pm, "PC" wrote:
Lincoln collector demand is hardly a fad. *Gross overpayment on common

OK. Buy a few "condition rarities" at these prices and let me know how
they go a couple of years after the "Abraham Lincoln Fad" has
passed.

Be sure to include your "Registration Set" score while you're beating
me up!
Old April 21st 09, 03:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

wrote in message
On Apr 20, 6:42 pm, "PC" wrote:
Lincoln collector demand is hardly a fad. Gross overpayment on common

OK. Buy a few "condition rarities" at these prices and let me know how
they go a couple of years after the "Abraham Lincoln Fad" has
passed.

You do realize these things can be looked up

Be sure to include your "Registration Set" score while you're beating
me up!

Another strawman.

Old April 21st 09, 03:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Aladdin Sane wrote:
Ira wrote:
On Apr 20, 9:42 am, "Bob F." wrote:
"Ira" wrote in message

[...]

Heh, no, that's a Cornish Hen. In French, a corniche is a road that is cut
into the side of a slope. But in Britland it's a model of a Rolls Royce.
You probably knew that. I didn't.

James

Old April 21st 09, 03:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Apr 20, 9:23*pm, wrote:
On Apr 20, 6:42*pm, "PC" wrote:

Lincoln collector demand is hardly a fad. *Gross overpayment on common

OK. Buy a few "condition rarities" at these prices and let me know how
they go a couple of years after the "Abraham Lincoln Fad" has
passed.

Be sure to include your "Registration Set" score while you're beating
me up!

U.S. "Condition rarities" are going to go through the wringer in the
economic debacle yet-to-come. America isn't even in the second inning
of our present Great Depression. WE AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET. Guess
that's what being a pathetic bank examiner teaches you. And please,
avoid avoid avoid holding "condition rarities" for any length of time
(Ira sure doesn't - his holding period for his variety of magic beans
is as short as he can find some more stupid Jacks with cows).

Buy Gold. Buy pretty gold if you wish to pay the premiums. Messrs.
Mugabe and Obama are out of the same mould. Ditto for Dr. Gono and
Mr. Geithner.

Ain't it weird that Ira-weh is the only member of his tribe that seems
to be gold phobic??? Or is that a feint show to help sell "condition
rarities"???

oly

Old April 21st 09, 03:50 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On Apr 20, 7:29*pm, "PC" wrote:
wrote in message

On Apr 20, 6:42 pm, "PC" wrote:

Lincoln collector demand is hardly a fad. Gross overpayment on common

OK. Buy a few "condition rarities" at these prices and let me know how
they go a couple of years after the "Abraham Lincoln Fad" has
passed.

You do realize these things can be looked up

Then...look 'em up!!

Be sure to include your "Registration Set" score while you're beating
me up!

Another strawman.

No. Just REALITY.