Man charged with stealing eight piggy banks

Old November 3rd 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

Default Man charged with stealing eight piggy banks

Hello

At least he was not buying drugs. Just wanted
to stay warm.
----------------------------------

FROM:
http://www.bismarcktribune.com/artic...ate/168414.txt

The Bismarck Tribune
Bismarck, North Dakota

Man charged with stealing eight piggy banks

Nov 02, 2008 - 04:05:28 CST

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - A 34-year-old man is charged
with stealing eight piggy banks from a Hopkins home,
netting more than $2,700 in change.

Police say Robert Blake of Eden Prairie then went to
a bank, where he spent more than half an hour
standing at a coin-counting machine while the device
tallied the money.

Police say he then picked up his girlfriend and
bought a coat, boots and shirts at Burlington Coat
Factory.

Old November 3rd 08, 01:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Arizona Coin Collector" wrote in message
m...
Hello

At least he was not buying drugs. Just wanted
to stay warm.
----------------------------------

FROM:
http://www.bismarcktribune.com/artic...ate/168414.txt

The Bismarck Tribune
Bismarck, North Dakota

Man charged with stealing eight piggy banks

Nov 02, 2008 - 04:05:28 CST

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - A 34-year-old man is charged
with stealing eight piggy banks from a Hopkins home,
netting more than $2,700 in change.

Police say Robert Blake of Eden Prairie then went to
a bank, where he spent more than half an hour
standing at a coin-counting machine while the device
tallied the money.

Police say he then picked up his girlfriend and
bought a coat, boots and shirts at Burlington Coat
Factory.

That crook sure was lucky. How many homes have 8 piggy banks? I suppose he
could've avoided the middle man and either stolen a coat, boots, and shirts
from the BCF or $2700 from the bank. At least when caught he might get a
bit more sympathy from a jury than for stealing kids' piggy banks.

Old November 3rd 08, 02:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Edwin Johnston

Bruce Remick wrote:
[...]

Sympathy is a function of esteem, which is the fourth level in Maslow's
hierarchy of needs.
Clothing is a function of the first level.
A person trying to meet first level needs is incapable of thinking of
the higher level needs.
Old November 3rd 08, 02:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Edwin Johnston" wrote in message
Bruce Remick wrote:
[...]

Oh. I see. Here I was thinking in terms like "piggy banks". Maslow
totally slipped my mind.

Old November 3rd 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Edwin Johnston

Bruce Remick wrote:
[...]

The point is that "he" wasn't thinking in terms of piggy banks. He was
thinking of purely a means of easy exchange. And to tell the truth,
maybe he was regressing a bit at that. He should be charged as a minor.
Old November 3rd 08, 03:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Bruce Remick wrote:
[...]

The other point is that I didn't realize my facetious comment was going to
be parsed by a psychologist citing "Maslow's hierarchy of needs" or
whatever. Interesting, though. One more example of someone who needs to
get out for a beer with the guys more often.

Old November 3rd 08, 04:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Edwin Johnston

Bruce Remick wrote:
[...]

Yeah, a beer with the husbands of prototypical hockey moms, who are sick
and tired of all that saccharin cheerfulness back at the house.
Old November 3rd 08, 06:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Bruce Remick wrote:
[...]

yabba dabba do.
(don't forget fred!)
Old November 3rd 08, 01:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Bruce Remick wrote:
[...]

Yep. Those are some of the ones. Can't stand that Ozzie & Harriet
lifestyle. More guns and broads and good beer is what we need to
reinvigorate our vital bodily fluids. Maslow be damned.

Old November 3rd 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Duh_Oz

On Nov 2, 6:01*pm, "Arizona Coin Collector" wrote:
Hello

At least he was not buying drugs. Just wanted
to stay warm.
----------------------------------

FROM:http://www.bismarcktribune.com/artic...te/168414..txt

The Bismarck Tribune
Bismarck, North Dakota

Man charged with stealing eight piggy banks

Nov 02, 2008 - 04:05:28 CST

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - A 34-year-old man is charged
with stealing eight piggy banks from a Hopkins home,
netting more than $2,700 in change.

Over $300 per piggy bank? Lots of presidential dollars stuffed
inside??

Police say he then picked up his girlfriend and
bought a coat, boots and shirts at Burlington Coat
Factory.

He should have tried a thrift store on a half price Monday. For a few
hundred bucks they could have got a nice ensemble to last the winter.