CAC - Boondoggle or valuable service???

Old July 7th 08, 04:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Default CAC - Boondoggle or valuable service???

"Voltronicus" wrote in message
On Jul 6, 4:39 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

What the ANA has now included in the 6th edition of its grading guide is
nothing more than an invitation for grading abuse to proliferate. Saying
that a Fine-12 Indian cent needs not show LIBERTY is pandering to the
unscrupulous, giving them aid and comfort. I find it totally
unconscionable. Standards are standards.

The ANA appears to have little credibility left.
If I was a member, I'd quit!
Anyway, I wouldn't want to belong to any association that can count
"Crisco " Fwankie among its members!

------------------------------

Was it Mark Twain who said that he wouldn't be part of any organization that
would have him as a member? In any event, I don't let that stop me. If I
can benefit from membership, I will join, but if can't, I won't. It's that
simple.

James

Old July 7th 08, 01:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Voltronicus[_2_]

On Jul 6, 11:37*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

Was it Mark Twain who said that he wouldn't be part of any organization that
would have him as a member? *

I thought it was Groucho.

Old July 7th 08, 10:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"Voltronicus" wrote in message
On Jul 6, 11:37 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

Was it Mark Twain who said that he wouldn't be part of any organization
that
would have him as a member?

I thought it was Groucho.

--------------------------------

I sit corrected.

James

Old July 8th 08, 01:49 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

In article , Voltronicus wrote:
On Jul 6, 11:37=A0pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

Was it Mark Twain who said that he wouldn't be part of any organization t=

hat
would have him as a member? =A0

I thought it was Groucho.

you got one right.
Old July 8th 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

On Jul 6, 2:30*pm, oly wrote:

The fact that the offer (if it exists) is "for up to 80%" strongly
suggests that the coins are evaluated individually, and that more or
less money is loaned depending upon (among other things) the exact
condition and eye appeal of the coin.

Keep pitching Frank. *We simply aren't as dumb as you think.

oly

The coins are not examined individually, they go by the grade on the
slab. Certain coins are less than 80%
due to market volitility, such as moderns and bullion coins.

However I disagree with loaning money for coins to buy more coins,
which is how PCGS is promoting it.

--
Frank Provasek Rare Coins http://www.frankcoins.com Ebay FRANKCOINS
Member ANA, Texas Numismatic Assoc, Texas Coin Dealers Assoc,

New Coin Grading Service: Universal Grading Service LLC FUBAR Coins 1 March 17th 06 09:34 PM
Which is more valuable? Earl Bollinger Coins 3 June 15th 04 10:51 PM
Are these valuable? D Worldwide Stamps 1 November 13th 03 05:59 AM
New RSFPC Service: Member biography service launched. Avery A. Hise Pens & Pencils 0 October 14th 03 03:46 AM