Salvaging this newsgroup

Old December 21st 05, 04:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Salvaging this newsgroup

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:58:22 -0600, "A.E. Gelat"
wrote:

EXCUSE ME FOR SHOUTING, BUT THIS MUST BE DONE. THIS IS A COIN NEWSGROUP,
BUT RECENTLY IT HAS BEEN TAKEN OVER BY OTHERS SPOUTING VULGARITIES. IT HAS
BECOME VERY DIFFICULT TO NAVIGATE TO FIND THE REAL COIN POSTINGS. I THINK
ALL TRUE COIN COLLECTORS SHOULD DO SOMETHING TO SHUT THESE PEOPLE UP. I DO
NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THAT, BUT I HOPE OTHERS CAN.

When you post like this, these 14-year-olds win. This is what they
want. Laugh at them quietly or as others have said use the filtering
feature in whatever program you're using to prevent yourself from
seeing any more of their posts.

--

Email: (delete "remove this")

Consumer:
http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Counterfeit: http://rg.ancients.info/bogos
Old December 21st 05, 10:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

If you are posting thru google, you can click on "report abuse." But
if you have time, it is better to send a complaint to the ISP (Internet
Service Provider) of the offending poster. If you view the entire
message headers, there will be usually be a line something like
x-complain-to: and you should send an email to that address with a copy
of the entire posting, with headers. Do not be demanding, just ask the
ISP to enforce their rules against internet abuse against their
customer.

Old December 21st 05, 11:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

projectile vomit chick wrote:

Awww, what's the matter, you spent the past few days "turning them in
to their ISP" to no avail??? LMFAO hahahahahahaa you ineffectual
little ****.

Well I am off until Christmas, so I have PLENTY of time to file abuse
reports.

And WILL.

Old December 21st 05, 01:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.slack

Helen Wallace wrote:
As the day of our Savior's birth approaches, I am really sad seeing what
filth has been posted here.

Many people, even those who consider themselves Christians, go through
life using profane language to express their frustrations at each
difficulty they meet. People are fired from their jobs all the time for
using the f-word...

Oh?

You're not spending your days in the work force, are you?

--
* Radio Free Entropy: http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml *
Old December 21st 05, 01:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.slack

"just john" wrote in message
Helen Wallace wrote:
As the day of our Savior's birth approaches, I am really sad seeing what
filth has been posted here.

Many people, even those who consider themselves Christians, go through
life using profane language to express their frustrations at each
difficulty they meet. People are fired from their jobs all the time for
using the f-word...

Oh?

You're not spending your days in the work force, are you?

Another fool flushed into the killfile.

Old December 21st 05, 02:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.slack

Jim Higgins wrote:
"just john" wrote in message

Helen Wallace wrote:

As the day of our Savior's birth approaches, I am really sad seeing what
filth has been posted here.

Many people, even those who consider themselves Christians, go through
life using profane language to express their frustrations at each
difficulty they meet. People are fired from their jobs all the time for
using the f-word...

Oh?

You're not spending your days in the work force, are you?

Another fool flushed into the killfile.

Well then, stop posting to alt.slack and this won't happen to you.

--
* Radio Free Entropy: http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml *
Old December 21st 05, 03:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

In article ,
"A.E. Gelat" wrote:

EXCUSE ME FOR SHOUTING, BUT THIS MUST BE DONE. THIS IS A COIN NEWSGROUP,
BUT RECENTLY IT HAS BEEN TAKEN OVER BY OTHERS SPOUTING VULGARITIES. IT HAS
BECOME VERY DIFFICULT TO NAVIGATE TO FIND THE REAL COIN POSTINGS. I THINK
ALL TRUE COIN COLLECTORS SHOULD DO SOMETHING TO SHUT THESE PEOPLE UP. I DO
NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THAT, BUT I HOPE OTHERS CAN.

It's easy: killfile the bozos and kill or ignore any trash threads.
Caps lock key is not required :_
Old December 21st 05, 04:33 PM posted to alt.life.sucks,rec.collecting.coins

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:36:19 -0500, just john
wrote:

Helen Wallace wrote:
As the day of our Savior's birth approaches, I am really sad seeing what
filth has been posted here.

Many people, even those who consider themselves Christians, go through
life using profane language to express their frustrations at each
difficulty they meet. People are fired from their jobs all the time for
using the f-word...

Oh?

You're not spending your days in the work force, are you?

No talking about forced work. I have contacted your ISP.
Old December 21st 05, 05:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.slack

Helen Wallace wrote:
"Doug Donaghue" wrote
.net:

"Helen Wallace" wrote in message
.189.191...

As the day of our Savior's birth approaches, I am really sad seeing
what filth has been posted here.

We're even sadder that you haven't figured out how to keep from
cross-posting.

Many people, even those who consider themselves Christians, go
through life using profane language to express their frustrations at
each difficulty they meet. People are fired from their jobs all the
time for using the f-word...even in or newsgroup posts if using a
company machine.

Errmmmm...... What are you doing using a company computer to hang out
on usenet anyway? You really are one of the smarmy morons who feel
they can do whatever they want, anytime they want, because your diety
is always on your side and that makes you right, aren't you?

I OWN this computer and I OWN this company.

Wow, and you use it to post to alt.slack!

See that people? We ARE respectable!

--
* Radio Free Entropy: http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml *

Ira has been served! Ira Stein Coins 53 May 8th 04 08:48 PM
Interesting case Ned Flanders Coins 1 April 16th 04 10:34 PM
Discounts for this newsgroup only!! Arnold Harris Cards:- non-sport 1 December 20th 03 05:04 PM
Google is poor on newsgroup searches John Stone Coins 7 October 31st 03 12:57 PM
Promoting rec.collecting.coins Newsgroup Bill Krummel Coins 12 July 10th 03 01:41 PM