SAE toning experiment update

Old July 2nd 04, 01:04 AM
craton

Chrysta Wilson wrote:

In article ,
says...

Congrats Chrysta!
I don't know if this is regarded as a fair process (artificial toning) or
not by some people, but I find it very attractive anyway :-)
As far as you don't sell it as "natural toning" it's al right in my book.

We'll see what PCGS has to say about it. If they slab it, it will go on
e-Bay. How I'll word the description? Not sure. I may just say "toned in
an envelope." I didn't bake it. In fact, I get cranky when my house
isn't room temperature, so it was at a controlled temp the whole time. I
didn't put it on a windowsill, but on a bookshelf. I didn't put any
chemicals on it, just the NJ combo of pollution and humidity. It toned
in 15 months, not 15 hours or 15 days. I think that qualifies as
natural, since I could have just been an coin idiot who thought an
envelope was a good way to store coins!

I'd word it just as I said before (via e-mail). Envelope toned .....
that's what it is and it's BEAUTIFUL!

--
Jason Craton ---- CONECA N-3407 --- WINS #5 --- ANA R-215542
---------------------------

Old July 2nd 04, 01:08 AM
craton

Mark wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:41:01 -0700, Scot Kamins
wrote:

In article ,
Mark wrote:

As we all know, the market place is not
a determination of true value. It never has been. It's just what some are
willing to pay.

We don't all "know" that since what you say isn't true. The market place
ALWAYS provides the true value by defintion, since "value" is what
people are willing to pay.

Your opinion.

OK, great! In YOUR opinion (which we also don't all know), upon what is
true value based, if not the determination of the market place?

Nope. Just trying to avoid the ****ing contest, that you obviously want, by
telling you you're WRONG.

I see your reply as nothing more then an easy way out. I for one am
interested in what you consider creates value if not the market place.

Old July 2nd 04, 09:08 PM
BobbyShaw

Oh come on, let's hear em'
I have had this name all my life and have heard "crap-ton", "crap a ton"
, "crapt on" and being a big guy now I have made up "crate a ton" ...
What cha got?

I went through quite a bit of my elementary days being called "Booby Slaw"...
Learned quickly to deal with it. Much less fun for the namecallers if you
don't let it bother you I learned even at that young age!

Even through Highschool, I carried the nickname of Boob instead of Bob.... But,
then again, I might have been a bit of a boob back then!

When I got to college, I just started going by Robert.... That was the name on
the rosters the professors got, so it was easier just to go by that than to
correct them, and much less difficult to come up with nicknames for that. :-)

Robert Shaw
'not giving you guys any ideas....'
--
Does olive oil really help with corroded coins? Check out my experiment at:
http://www.mindspring.com/~robe294/o...xperiment.html
Old July 3rd 04, 03:35 AM
Jerry Dennis

Which brings to mind, "Hey, are you related to the Robert Shaw of the Robert
Shaw Choral?"

The worst I ever got was "Dennis the Menace." How lame. No originality.

Jerry

"Bob Shaw" provides:

I went through quite a bit of my elementary days being called "Booby Slaw"...
Learned quickly to deal with it. Much less fun for the namecallers if you
don't let it bother you I learned even at that young age!

Even through Highschool, I carried the nickname of Boob instead of Bob....
But,
then again, I might have been a bit of a boob back then!

When I got to college, I just started going by Robert.... That was the name
on
the rosters the professors got, so it was easier just to go by that than to
correct them, and much less difficult to come up with nicknames for that.
:-)

Old July 3rd 04, 04:05 AM
Stujoe

Jerry Dennis spoke thusly...
Which brings to mind, "Hey, are you related to the Robert Shaw of the Robert
Shaw Choral?"

The worst I ever got was "Dennis the Menace." How lame. No originality.

Beef Stu. But it never bothered me.

--
Stujoe

Olive oil experiment (almost) updated BobbyShaw Coins 4 April 8th 04 01:43 AM
Toning: real, artificial, in between? -- periodic post Reid Goldsborough Coins 0 January 11th 04 08:01 PM
Toning: real, artificial, in between? -- periodic post Reid Goldsborough Coins 0 December 3rd 03 03:26 AM
Artificial Toning? Mat Coins 8 October 15th 03 06:46 PM
Removing Toning From A Previously Cleaned Coin Larry Louks Coins 7 September 29th 03 02:01 AM