I have a error question

Old February 23rd 12, 09:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
hp

Default I have a error question

On 2/10/2012 9:32 PM, hp wrote:
Dug out all the old tubes of Kennedy's I had tucked away in the safety
box with the idea it might be time to sell some of the 40% stuff.

One of the other coins I kept is a 1973 with what appears to be a crack
or metal blemish in the clad surface that might reach the copper layer.
There is a nice toned area right around the wound.

I stuck it on a scanner and tried to get a nice close up.
Are there optimal setting for scanning that might bring detail out better?

Is something of this sort a recognized error type? is there a term for it?

It had been so long that I went thru those particular tubes that I
forgot about some of the other 'error' 50c pieces I had hung onto.
Since I only pulled them from circulation I didn't have too many.

The Strangest one I ever got out of circulation, a franklin $.50 that
was well on its way to being a prison ring until it developed a crack in
the reworked rim before it got down to the size intended, so it also
wasn't hollowed out yet to end up a ring. How that ever managed to be
loose until I got it I'll never know.

What No one has any constructive tips here?

NZ error question Blair (TC) General Discussion 4 October 29th 07 02:48 AM
Question for you error collectors Robert Korn Coins 5 October 31st 05 03:58 PM
Error Coin Experts - Question About Error Coin dmzcompute Coins 17 September 17th 05 06:23 PM
Error question Shystev99 Coins 1 December 7th 03 03:09 AM
Error question George D Coins 2 November 15th 03 02:42 PM