"New" B.C. Phil logo

Old February 16th 04, 05:28 AM
Bob Ingraham

Default "New" B.C. Phil logo

The British Columbia Philatelic Society recently had some graphic-design
work done on its logo, which is based on the first British Columbia stamp,
Scott #7, issued in 1865. For our newsletter and web site, we've been using
a much-photocopied version that was definitely looking the worse for wear.
The best version we could find was on the cover of a 1938 club directory. We
hired a graphic artist to scan it and rework it not only for the newsletter
and web site, but also for "calling cards" to help advertise the club. We're
also looking into coffee mugs and T-shirts.

You can see the original that we worked from at
http://www.bcphilatelic.org/bcphilarchive1938.html. You can click on the
small image to see a larger one. The new image is at
http://www.ingraham.ca/bob/bcphillogo70.jpg. Nice, eh?

Bob

-------
Keep up to date at the B.C. Philatelic Society web site:
http://www.bcphilatelic.org.
-------

Old February 17th 04, 01:02 AM
Mette

Bob Ingraham wrote in message
[...]

Yeah nice, but Bob, on the links given I still see both
the crown, the Victorian 'V', and the beaver on the top,
so what's the big difference?

Mette

Old February 17th 04, 01:33 AM
Bob Ingraham

2/16/2004 4:02 PM

Yeah nice, but Bob, on the links given I still see both
the crown, the Victorian 'V', and the beaver on the top,
so what's the big difference?

Mette

OK, not very exciiting, but perhaps you are mistaking the header on the page
for the original?

The first link http://www.bcphilatelic.org/bcphilarchive1938.html shows
the club directory (the booklet) that was published in 1938. It was pretty
good, but tilted, and I didn't have the computing power or the skill to turn
it into files that we could use for various printing projects. The original
logo has the beaver on top.

The second link http://www.ingraham.ca/bob/bcphillogo70.jpg shows the
digitally "enhanced" logo which can be printed as big as a billboard, if we
wish, and in color if we wish. The header on our web pages now includes the
new version of the logo.

FYI, here is an image of awards that are given at our annual VANPEX exhibit:
http://www.bcphilatelic.org/vanpexawards.jpg. As you can see, they are
based on the logo. These particular awards were all won by our eldest
member, Basil Hunter, who has been collecting stamps for about 75 years.

Bob