BU ? Uhh.. Yeah

Old April 23rd 05, 08:12 AM
Xray

Default BU ? Uhh.. Yeah

This thing looks like it got plowed under a salt ruck, and has old greasy
finger prints all over it .. And he calls it BU.
Its a nice coin in its own right .... But man oh man why play stupid and call
a scraggly old crow an eagle ?

Old April 23rd 05, 02:19 PM
Gary Loveless

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 07:12:01 GMT, Xray wrote:

This thing looks like it got plowed under a salt ruck, and has old greasy
finger prints all over it .. And he calls it BU.
Its a nice coin in its own right .... But man oh man why play stupid and call
a scraggly old crow an eagle ?

HA HA HA HA !!!! Scratched, PVC Damage just for starters..........

Gary

Old April 23rd 05, 03:14 PM
Bill Krummel

"Xray" wrote in message
9.130...
This thing looks like it got plowed under a salt ruck, and has old greasy
finger prints all over it .. And he calls it BU.
Its a nice coin in its own right .... But man oh man why play stupid and
call
a scraggly old crow an eagle ?

It's all covered in the seller's user id.

Bill

Old April 23rd 05, 07:32 PM
Xray

"Bill Krummel" wrote in news:d4dl7n$ppj$1
@news.netins.net:

"Xray" wrote in message
9.130...
This thing looks like it got plowed under a salt ruck, and has old greasy
finger prints all over it .. And he calls it BU.
Its a nice coin in its own right .... But man oh man why play stupid and
call
a scraggly old crow an eagle ?

It's all covered in the seller's user id.

Bill

False advertising covered by a user id ?
The guy has good FB, people I heave dealt with have bought from him, and I
really wouldn't have a prob buying from him also.
I just don't see the need to lie here.
I'll give him the benifit of doubt and chalk it up to plain keyword spamming,
since he describes just about every coin he sells as BU.

Old April 23rd 05, 08:25 PM
Bill Krummel

"Xray" wrote in message
9.130...
"Bill Krummel" wrote in news:d4dl7n$ppj$1
@news.netins.net:

"Xray" wrote in message
9.130...
This thing looks like it got plowed under a salt ruck, and has old
greasy
finger prints all over it .. And he calls it BU.
Its a nice coin in its own right .... But man oh man why play stupid and
call
a scraggly old crow an eagle ?

It's all covered in the seller's user id.

Bill

False advertising covered by a user id ?
The guy has good FB, people I heave dealt with have bought from him, and I
really wouldn't have a prob buying from him also.
I just don't see the need to lie here.
I'll give him the benifit of doubt and chalk it up to plain keyword
spamming,
since he describes just about every coin he sells as BU.

Sometimes I try to make light, not using a smiley, figuring that I am
obviously not serious. BU is an acronym thrown around loosely - a lot.
Likely as not, people don't even connect the literal meaning of BU when they
use the term. Then again, considering the user id, maybe this guy's BU
means butt ugly.

Bill (smiling on the inside, sorta)

Old April 23rd 05, 10:52 PM
Xray

"Bill Krummel" wrote in
:

"Xray" wrote in message
9.130...
"Bill Krummel" wrote in news:d4dl7n$ppj$1
@news.netins.net:

"Xray" wrote in message
9.130...
This thing looks like it got plowed under a salt ruck, and has old
greasy
finger prints all over it .. And he calls it BU.
Its a nice coin in its own right .... But man oh man why play stupid
and call
a scraggly old crow an eagle ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...24&item=397040
4078

It's all covered in the seller's user id.

Bill

False advertising covered by a user id ?
The guy has good FB, people I heave dealt with have bought from him,
and I really wouldn't have a prob buying from him also.
I just don't see the need to lie here.
I'll give him the benifit of doubt and chalk it up to plain keyword
spamming,
since he describes just about every coin he sells as BU.

Sometimes I try to make light, not using a smiley, figuring that I am
obviously not serious. BU is an acronym thrown around loosely - a lot.
Likely as not, people don't even connect the literal meaning of BU when
they use the term. Then again, considering the user id, maybe this
guy's BU means butt ugly.

Bill (smiling on the inside, sorta)

I can see your tongue in cheek Bill.
Brilliant, Uncirculated. That coin, and most of his others would plainly not
come close to this by any standards, and is only a cheap ploy to sucker
newbies, and/or get more hits.
The seller seems like a pretty stand up guy judging by his FB, and I hope he
comes to the realization that he doesn't need engage in deceptive practices
to sell his wares.
But yeah, if worse came to worse, he could always fall back on the 'butt
ugly' definition of BU.

Old April 25th 05, 01:39 AM
Bernhard Rich

A total of $8.49 for this nasty thing? I have a few that are much
better than this nasty thing. Wanna send me the money?

Old April 27th 05, 03:20 AM
Ed. Stoebenau

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 13:19:01 GMT, Gary Loveless
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 07:12:01 GMT, Xray wrote:

This thing looks like it got plowed under a salt ruck, and has old greasy
finger prints all over it .. And he calls it BU.
Its a nice coin in its own right .... But man oh man why play stupid and call
a scraggly old crow an eagle ?

HA HA HA HA !!!! Scratched, PVC Damage just for starters..........

I doubt that's PVC damage. More likely its zinc corrosion (which
is probably worse) as in off-center strikes the zinc core can
easily get exposed. BU I suppose is _technically_ accurate as
there is no wear (like the vast majority of modern errors),
though "Borderline Ugh!-trocious" is also more accurate.

--
Ed. Stoebenau
a #143
Old April 27th 05, 03:41 AM
Alan Williams

wrote:

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 07:12:01 GMT, Xray wrote:

This thing looks like it got plowed under a salt ruck, and has old greasy
finger prints all over it .. And he calls it BU.
Its a nice coin in its own right .... But man oh man why play stupid and call
a scraggly old crow an eagle ?

HA HA HA HA !!!! Scratched, PVC Damage just for starters..........

I doubt that's PVC damage. More likely its zinc corrosion (which
is probably worse) as in off-center strikes the zinc core can
easily get exposed. BU I suppose is _technically_ accurate as
there is no wear (like the vast majority of modern errors),
though "Borderline Ugh!-trocious" is also more accurate.

One thing's certain...*that* coin *was* found in change!!

Alan
'no fool-proof riddler'
Old April 27th 05, 08:55 PM
Gary Loveless

wrote:

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 07:12:01 GMT, Xray wrote:

This thing looks like it got plowed under a salt ruck, and has old greasy
finger prints all over it .. And he calls it BU.
Its a nice coin in its own right .... But man oh man why play stupid and call
a scraggly old crow an eagle ?

HA HA HA HA !!!! Scratched, PVC Damage just for starters..........

I doubt that's PVC damage. More likely its zinc corrosion (which
is probably worse) as in off-center strikes the zinc core can
easily get exposed. BU I suppose is _technically_ accurate as
there is no wear (like the vast majority of modern errors),
though "Borderline Ugh!-trocious" is also more accurate.

Look above the Lincoln Memorial on the reverse, that sure looks like
that bad GREEN stuff...also all over the word 'CENT'

Gary

Flags on stamps study group Robert Hunt General Discussion 21 October 27th 04 01:40 AM
MS 66, yeah right! KLH Coins 2 September 3rd 04 09:59 PM
Paying 11-20% for ANY (yeah ANY) $10+ BV Cards (will buy lots) David Baseball 0 January 14th 04 04:23 AM
The New California State Anthem!! Captain Compassion General Discussion 2 October 11th 03 06:01 PM
1 success....and yeah im back. Mr Black \(please remove SPAMBLOCK from address if Autographs 2 October 5th 03 02:45 AM