How do you label your 2 X 2's?

Old April 1st 07, 11:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
varois83

Default How do you label your 2 X 2's?

Hi

Beside using a pen, what other techniques are being used to label
coins inserted in cardboard 2 X 2's?
I mean something could be typed in notepad/wordpad, printed, cut and
taped on the 2 X 2's, is there an easier way ?
Any pics even better.

Thanks a lot

Patrick

Old April 2nd 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
rono

Howdy,

I've always used ink pen - nothing fancy - fine tip or better standard
plain vanilla ink pen. It's easy to read over time and easy to write
what you need.

For example, depending upon the coin, I'll do Country, denomination,
year and condition.

cheers,

rono

Old April 2nd 07, 04:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
line123

I've got a solution for you!

I've always (30+ years) used a pen, with my horrible handwriting.... then my
wife, with her good handwriting and too-busy schedule started helping (no
that's not the solution)...

The solution I found is the Brother P-Touch 2700 (or 2710). It connects to
the PC via a USB cable and is capable of printing from Excel (where my 1400+
coin database is kept)!!! And, it is capable of printing on 1/4 inch
crack&peel tape! The tape is much easier to peel than the old style due to
the crack&peel feature. The labels fit on all the 2x2's I have, even the
half-dollar and new-dollar sizes.

The Excel interface is kludgy/clunky/crappy... take your pick, but with an
hour or two of fooling around with it you can figure it out.

This is the best solution I've seen anywhere and costs around $70-$100 plus
tapes.

Alex L.

ups.com...

Old April 2nd 07, 06:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Apr 1, 6:24?pm, "varois83" wrote:
Hi

Beside using a pen, what other techniques are being used to label
coins inserted in cardboard 2 X 2's?
I mean something could be typed in notepad/wordpad, printed, cut and
taped on the 2 X 2's, is there an easier way ?
Any pics even better.

Thanks a lot

Patrick

Ballpoint for me. Quick, cheap, and easy. Besides, my handwriting
isn't too bad. I'm sure you could fudge with your 'puter for printing
labels if that's your style.

Jerry

Old April 2nd 07, 01:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"varois83" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

Beside using a pen, what other techniques are being used to label
coins inserted in cardboard 2 X 2's?
I mean something could be typed in notepad/wordpad, printed, cut and
taped on the 2 X 2's, is there an easier way ?
Any pics even better.

Thanks a lot

Patrick

I use a simple Sharpie pen for everything except the grade. I write that in
pencil, in case I want to sell one day. ;)

And you might note : staples + humidity + BU silver/copper coin + a few
years = YUK!

Bruce

Old April 2nd 07, 01:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Andy

I use a sheet of Avery labels, I think they're about 9mm x about 45mm. Then
I just print straight to them, can get some really good looking labels but
has limited space and doesn't fit on the larger sizes. I've labelled my
entire 3rd reich collection this way, all 400+ coins and have them in a
folder with the folder type 2x2 holders, 20 to a page.
Andrew

Old April 2nd 07, 02:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Fernando de la Cuadra

Beside using a pen, what other techniques are being used to label
coins inserted in cardboard 2 X 2's?

Just pen... Face value in the upper side. Country, year and mint (if
available), bottom.

But just a comment: I use 5x5 carboards.

Centimeters, of course :-))

Fernando

Old April 2nd 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

"varois83" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

Beside using a pen, what other techniques are being used to label
coins inserted in cardboard 2 X 2's?
I mean something could be typed in notepad/wordpad, printed, cut and
taped on the 2 X 2's, is there an easier way ?
Any pics even better.

Thanks a lot

Patrick

I use a simple Sharpie pen for everything except the grade. I write that
in pencil, in case I want to sell one day. ;)

And you might note : staples + humidity + BU silver/copper coin + a few
years = YUK!

Bruce

Your tip of writing the grade in pencil comes 39 years too late for me.
:-( Billy

Old April 2nd 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dr. Richard L. Hall

I usually use a Casio Labeler. They're convenient and easy to use. If the
coin is like a Siver Dollar or an SAE, I usually cut the label in half
lenthwise and put half at the top of the holder and the other half at the
bottom of the holder.
--
Richard
http://www.richlh.com

Old April 3rd 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Aboutfarthings.co.uk

Time for a bit of advertising, and apologies in advance. I laser print my
labels for my collection, and felt I could offer the same option for other
farthing collectors. I see no reason why I should have to limit it to
farthings. But please bear in mind the 10mm dimension may not fit flips
designed for larger coins. If anyone wants to provide me with an excel list
of the dates/label titles they require, I will gladly print them off for the
prices shown on my site. Due to the label size, there is a limit to the text
length of approx 2 rows of 15 digits.

http://aboutfarthings.co.uk/shop/pro...roducts_id=288

Many Thanks
Colin G.

New SEGS label? Slabtastic Coins 0 November 26th 05 04:10 AM
Perhaps a new 8-track label? Jonny the 8-Tracker! 8 Track Tapes 26 May 23rd 05 02:03 AM
Don't judge an ink by its label! [email protected] Pens & Pencils 0 February 8th 05 09:06 PM
Looking for 98-99 Topps Gold Label cl 3 Eskil Thomsson Hockey 0 November 29th 03 09:54 AM
Will there be a 03 Gold Label Set?, Anyone have any info? dougefresh Baseball 0 August 23rd 03 01:55 PM