Turkey ID, please

Old March 17th 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Default Turkey ID, please

http://cjoint.com/data/dru5VHjpNw.htm

In the January 14, 1914 series, the only 5 paras listed in Scott is violet
brown. I have a couple which are definitely not violet brown; more like
orange or orange brown or orange red. I wonder if Gibbons shows a different
colour for this stamp. Thanks in advance.
--
Tony Vella (Ottawa, Canada)
http://indian-biographies.shorturl.com/

Old March 18th 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter[_2_]

Tony Vella schrieb:
http://cjoint.com/data/dru5VHjpNw.htm

In the January 14, 1914 series, the only 5 paras listed in Scott is
violet brown. I have a couple which are definitely not violet brown;
more like orange or orange brown or orange red. I wonder if Gibbons
shows a different colour for this stamp. Thanks in advance.

Well Tony, i can't help you with Scott or Gibbons, but at a quick glace
at my "Michel-Catalogue", this stamp is NOT from the 1914th series but
from the 1920th series. The colour is yellow-browne.

Peter
Old March 18th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On 18 Mar, 00:19, Peter wrote:
Tony Vella schrieb:http://cjoint.com/data/dru5VHjpNw.htm

In the January 14, 1914 series, the only 5 paras listed in Scott is
violet brown. I have a couple which are definitely not violet brown;
more like orange or orange brown or orange red. I wonder if Gibbons
shows a different colour for this stamp. Thanks in advance.

Well Tony, i can't help you with Scott or Gibbons, but at a quick glace
at my "Michel-Catalogue", this stamp is NOT from the 1914th series but
from the 1920th series. The colour is yellow-browne.

Peter

SG agrees. 9 of the 1913 & 14 series were repeated in different
colours in 1920, where your 5pa, "orange-brown", is No 961 and is
perfed 11 c.f. 12 for the "dull purple" 1914 one (501). Minimal CV in
either case.

Chris