FleaBay Flung Dung Today

Old September 5th 04, 06:50 PM
Scottishmoney

Default FleaBay Flung Dung Today

The ******s at fleaBay, notified me that my auction is in violation of some
BS rule about charities, some BS rule about not accepting credit cards, and
then some BS rule about outside links. Okay I listed the note in the
auction to benefit the JDRF, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and
was going to donate in my cousin's name.

But they will let bungholes list fakes for sale, and NOT pull the auction.
Have a look at this before they pull this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1

Go Figure.

Ebay sucks.

Dave

--
emails to (myuserid).at.lycos.com

Tir nam Beann, nan Gleann, s'nan Gaisgeach - Saor Alba A-Nis!

---

Old September 5th 04, 07:16 PM
Mame

If they do pull it I personally would go to the media. Find a journalist who
is writing a (laterally) similar story and approach them. It's rediculous
that they would condem an auction raising money for charity. It's not like
you listed it to raise money for your local crack dealer.

Mame

"Scottishmoney" wrote in message
The ******s at fleaBay, notified me that my auction is in violation of

some
BS rule about charities, some BS rule about not accepting credit cards,

and
then some BS rule about outside links. Okay I listed the note in the
auction to benefit the JDRF, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and
was going to donate in my cousin's name.

But they will let bungholes list fakes for sale, and NOT pull the auction.
Have a look at this before they pull this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...PageName= ADM
E:B:LC:US:1

Go Figure.

Ebay sucks.

Dave

Old September 5th 04, 07:17 PM
Ian

Scottishmoney wrote:

The ******s at fleaBay, notified me that my auction is in violation of some
BS rule about charities, some BS rule about not accepting credit cards, and
then some BS rule about outside links. Okay I listed the note in the
auction to benefit the JDRF, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and
was going to donate in my cousin's name.

But they will let bungholes list fakes for sale, and NOT pull the auction.
Have a look at this before they pull this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1

Go Figure.

Ebay sucks.

Dave

Indeed ebay sucks...big time!

Old September 5th 04, 09:56 PM
DFloyd

"Scottishmoney" wrote in
:

The ******s at fleaBay, notified me that my auction is in violation of
some BS rule about charities, some BS rule about not accepting credit
cards, and then some BS rule about outside links. Okay I listed the
note in the auction to benefit the JDRF, the Juvenile Diabetes
Research Foundation and was going to donate in my cousin's name.

But they will let bungholes list fakes for sale, and NOT pull the
auction. Have a look at this before they pull this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0958&ssPageNam
e=ADME:B:LC:US:1

Go Figure.

Ebay sucks.

Dave

Likely because they have no way of knowing if the proceeds will ever make
it to the charity. Too bad they don't act the same way with 99% of the
"Selling my grandfathers coin collection" and "Unsearched" claims.
Old September 5th 04, 09:57 PM
Padraic Brown

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 13:50:29 -0400, "Scottishmoney"
wrote:

The ******s at fleaBay, notified me that my auction is in violation of some
BS rule about charities, some BS rule about not accepting credit cards, and
then some BS rule about outside links. Okay I listed the note in the
auction to benefit the JDRF, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and
was going to donate in my cousin's name.

But they will let bungholes list fakes for sale, and NOT pull the auction.
Have a look at this before they pull this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1

Go Figure.

Mame gave you a good suggestion. If the buyer is known to you, I'd say
"go pound sand, Ebay", pull the auction (so they don't get the final
fees), sell the note privately to the high bidder and send the loot
off to JDRF.

Probably if you have put a photocopy of a fake Scottish fiver up
there, and called it a "rare uniface five pound note - this is the
real thing you need for your collection!!!!!!", they wouldn't even
bother with you.

Ebay sucks.

Sometimes it does indeed.

Padraic.

la cieurgeourea provoer mal trasfu
ast meiyoer ke 'l andrext ben trasfu.
Old September 5th 04, 10:42 PM
phil

Maybe you could contact them and ask them exactly what their policy toward
charities is.Do they even have a policy if you want to set up a charity
auction?I mean,other than contributing to them.
Nice note,too.

--
Today 50 families will find out their child has autism.
1 in 166 children have an autism spectrum disorder.

Old September 5th 04, 11:24 PM
Fletch

Didn't you read it in the eBay policy? It very clearly states, and I quote:
'No good deed goes unpunished.'

--K

Old September 6th 04, 12:38 AM
Bruce Remick

"phil" wrote in message
Maybe you could contact them and ask them exactly what their policy toward
charities is.Do they even have a policy if you want to set up a charity
auction?I mean,other than contributing to them.
Nice note,too.

Seems I have heard quite often of some celebrity donating something for
auction on Ebay with the proceeds going to a charity. I wonder if someone
actually complained about the note auction, or if Ebay's sharp eyed
detectives spotted something.

Bruce

Old September 6th 04, 02:59 AM
phil

Did they give anyone a hard time when they were doing the auctions for the
lawsuit vs. whats their problem?
phil
(I smell that familiar odor of....discrimination)