Stuff to get signed, Thoughts?

Old June 17th 08, 06:59 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
KC

Default Stuff to get signed, Thoughts?

As everyone is aware, I do the sports autographs. My wife said no more
signed jerseys, i have maybe 10 or so with Gordie Howe coming this
summer....Yikes....anyway, what can I switch to? I am not big on the 8x10's,
as a last resort, they are cool don;t get my wrong but what else that is
different can be signed? Our next thing we have is Thursday, lots of
NHL;ers, so I bought a ccm helmet put some decals on it and will get that
signed, then Mike Weir on Tues, I thought a golf glove maybe,,,,thought
people--- help!!!!!

Old June 17th 08, 12:29 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

As much as I love graphs, I too have my limits and I have only two
framed pieces of clothing (A Jersey signed by Mike Singletary and a
crew Sweatshirt from Swee Lim). I say no more clothing either (I am
at my hat limit of 4 too). We have one signed football and that's
enough too and 4 record albums and that's enough. Why? No more
space! So I see where you're wife is coming from.

You could do what I did before... buy one of those 24 card holders and
do one frame with those card holders in it. Then start collecting
cards. They are small. Then when it's filled, you can swap the cards
out periodically... the holders slide out. Then you could do team
ones or perhaps hall of famers or something.

Pucks are another way to go; or buy programs and have them sign those
and just bag and tag them.

Old June 17th 08, 06:34 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

those ccm helmets, the autographs rub and scratch off very easily..and
over time, they still rubb off really easily...i have a steve yzerman
helmet that hasn't really survived my moving.
mike

Old June 17th 08, 11:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
KC

Cool, thanks for the input guys and good to know about the helmet, will
update everyone on Thurs!

Old June 28th 08, 01:42 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
DougzInBoston

On Jun 17, 1:59*am, "KC" wrote:
As everyone is aware, I do the sports autographs. *My wife said no more
signed jerseys, i have maybe 10 or so with Gordie Howe coming this
summer....Yikes....anyway, what can I switch to? I am not big on the 8x10's,
as a last resort, they are cool don;t get my wrong but what else that is
different can be signed? *Our next thing we have is Thursday, lots of
NHL;ers, so I bought a ccm helmet put some decals on it and will get that
signed, then Mike Weir on Tues, I thought a golf glove maybe,,,,thought
people--- help!!!!!

When I went to Bruins open practice, I used to just bring pucks and
cards. I've seen some collectors show up with posters, sticks (which
take up NO room to keep but keep track of who is signing it haha!) and
a LOT of game related stuff. I like to do odd or special stuff too.
I got a Ray Borque Night package and got him to sign a few of the
items at an event.

Probably the best and oddest item I've gotten signed was The Bruins
put out a set of two boxes of cereal. I got them for XMas and the
Bruins Wives Carnival and had some of the players on the boxes sign
them. Bill Guerin FREAKED when he saw it! I was the only one all day
at his table that brought one and it got a LOT of attention from the
other auto-seekers.

http://www.plbsports.com/products.htm

PLB Sports is a company that does a lot of charity stuff for
athletes. They did all of Doug Flutie's Flutie Flakes items, Bettis's
Super Bowl Cereal boxes, etc. They used to do stuff for Hull, Osgood,
Deadmarsh, etc. Even if they have no hockey stuff available, it can
give you some odd product ideas to look for online! Cereal box flats
take NO room like hockey sticks =)

What's Up?? Thoughts? awfreak Autographs 2 April 3rd 07 06:50 PM
A Few Thoughts winnard 8 Track Tapes 15 September 20th 04 02:37 AM
Just my thoughts Ron and Sharon Altman Baseball 1 July 10th 04 03:00 AM
Thoughts on the new 51? John B. Egger Pens & Pencils 5 October 30th 03 09:03 PM
FA: Train Sounds album, signed Chow prints,Puppetmasters action figures,Silver surfer China, Shabby Chic Decor, lots of other stuff! Beth General 0 July 2nd 03 12:04 PM