PING: Dave Hinz - 1921-D WLH

Old May 25th 06, 01:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default PING: Dave Hinz - 1921-D WLH

Ok, Dave - you DID get close to G-4 money for your 1921-D WLH find from
the junk silver box! Congratulations to you!!! I'm happy for you, and a
teeny bit jealous at the same time! Mostly happy, though. It's a great
story to hear about the little guy who found the treasure among the big
guy's (dealer's) junk!

But, the question of the day is: 'So, what are you gonna buy with that
money?'

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Inquiring minds need to know!

Old May 25th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Dave Hinz wrote in
:

On 25 May 2006 12:03:49 GMT, Eric Babula wrote:
Ok, Dave - you DID get close to G-4 money for your 1921-D WLH find
from the junk silver box! Congratulations to you!!!

Yeah, it went right in the ballpark between bid and sell.

I'm happy for you, and a
teeny bit jealous at the same time! Mostly happy, though. It's a
great story to hear about the little guy who found the treasure
among the big guy's (dealer's) junk!

Has to happen once in a while. It's odd that it didn't really
bring me any joy in the time that I owned it, other than the fun of
selling it. (shrug) some coins I get attached to, and this isn't
one of 'em.

But, the question of the day is: 'So, what are you gonna buy with
that money?'

The buyer sent me money by PayPal within minutes, I initiated the
EFT to my bank account right after that. Once it clears, I'm
getting cash and driving in to the same dealer to turn that one
walker into 40-some. Or... I like the look of the 2005 Sovereign,
with the redesigned "Dragon vs. St. George" back. Maybe one of
those and the balance in halves.

Obviously I don't expect to have the same thing happen ever again,
but that one find makes me a whole lot less stressed about price
dips in my holdings. This is definately a "don't look back" sale
though, because key date coins tend to do pretty well long-term.
(shrug) not stressing about that.

Dave

Dave, I think you did the right thing for you. Even though this is a
key-date coin, it wasn't making you happy. So, get rid of it, collect
the money, and get something that will make you happy. Afterall, it was
found money! So, you're gonna end up with something you really like, for
basically nothing!

And, I would not look back, either. The coin didn't make you happy
anyway. Maybe you can pick up a key-date something or other that WILL
give you joy!

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA