BTW whats with this RCSD I keep seeing ?

Old October 10th 07, 07:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Default (RCSD) BTW whats with this RCSD I keep seeing ?

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 16:33:37 -0700, "Blair (TC)"
wrote:

On Oct 9, 4:39 pm, "Jan Doggen"
wrote:
The last spam I see is 'BIKINI MODELS' dated 21/9
It is now 8/10

Jan

schreef in oglegroups.com...

On 9 Oct, 09:40, "rodney" wrote:
It is Blair's suggestion to circumvent
downloading Spam from the Newsgroup,
of which we had quite a lot a few weeks ago,
but now has begun to wane.

The idea is, if everybody placed (RCSD)
rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
at the beginning of the post, one would be able
to filter posts en masse.

The major fault is remembering to do it.

Using Google Groups, it's fallen to almost nil, and I think we can now
drop the (RCSD). But maybe GG has improved its filtering. What do
people with real newsreaders see?

Chris- Hide quoted text -

What about the troll from Edmontonm, who posted about burning
stamp collextions? It was in the last week.

Well, some of those here he caught blindsided, because they don't know
our resident overvalued kook. He "may" have some nice stuff, but he's
been trying to offload this stuff for FAR too long now.
Old October 10th 07, 07:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Default (RCSD) what's this RCSD; maybe complaining works

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 11:08:49 GMT, "Stan Fairchild"
wrote:

I'm still using a normal, commercial ISP, and there hasn't been any RCSD spam in a week or more. One of our regulars
suggested that repetitive complaints to abuser's ISPs would have eventual effect. Seeing that most of the abusive posts
had BT Internet "complaints to" addresses, I forwarded almost all RCSD spam with such "complaints to" addresses to BT
Internet. On about 20% of such forwards, BT Internet returned a both an automatic-reply AND an apparently-human-reply
reporting that action had been taken against the spammer. Either complaining worked or something else happened to solve
the problem.

Might be handy to continue to put RCSD before RCSD postings rather than having to reinvent the wheel when the next batch
of spam begins.

For those of us who have been here before the turn of the century, we
most assuredly will see more in the future. Some directed at us, some
coming from harvested e-mail addys and some generalized denial of
service (DOS) spammage, amongst others.
Old October 11th 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message
ps.com...

What about the troll from Edmontonm, who posted about burning
stamp collextions? It was in the last week.

Is this really Spam?
more like a grass seed in your britches,
irritating, but not officially spam is it?

Whats new in Yu-Gi-Oh [email protected] Cards:- non-sport 0 January 17th 07 07:24 PM
Whats better? mdc45124 General Discussion 3 November 14th 05 07:10 PM
Whats in your pocket? [email protected] Coins 1 January 13th 05 12:08 AM
whats better? Jeff Coins 8 October 18th 03 10:16 PM
FSB? Whats it mean? eXistenZ32 Coins 4 July 11th 03 11:35 PM