Need advise on a cabbage patch kid

Old May 16th 04, 08:22 PM
Vanessa

Default Need advise on a cabbage patch kid

Hello,

I am really conserned about this, I need someone out there to tell me
if this will devalue it completely. I sold a 1983 coleco cabbage
patch kid. She was a preemie with a cute little patch of curly blond
hair on the top of her head. She had blue eyes. She had a beautiful
yellow dress with white poka dots on it. She was never detached from
her original box. The cellphane was still attached to the box. Only
one problem there was a slightly small rip on the right side of the
box. Everything was still there, she had her original tag with the
elastic around her left wrist. Her certificat was still attached to
the box. She was attached to the box. So she was MINT! I thought.
Well this lady emailed me back after recieving her cabbage patch kid
and said she was very disappointed that the box had a small rip on the
right side of it. And the whole cabbage patch kid was entired
devalued because of it. I dont know how much she knows about cabbage
patch kids. but when I first talked to her she didnt sound like she
knew much. From my opinion I dont believe it loses any value if the
box on the right side has a small rip on it. Dont you think? I am so
disappointed myself because I was selling these dolls for a friend,
and I only put the information on ebay what he gave me. And now I am
afraid I am going to recieve bad feedback now because she was not
happy because she had not of bought it if it had a small rip on the
side of the box. Even though the doll has never been played with or
anything never detached. Would it really lose value???? How much is
the doll worth you think with what I described? The lady paid 45
dollars for it. Did she lose out on this deal entirely?? Or is this
actually a gain for her???? I mean think about it, this doll is 22
years old mint in its original box. 3 more years it will be an
antique I believe. Is this woman going to gain some extra cash or
not??? She believes all because of a stupid rip on the right side of
the box it is not worth anything now. I am so mad arrgghh

Tell me someone how much is this doll worth so I can feel better

Vanessa
Old May 18th 04, 08:43 PM
Joel Stolarski

As having done the ebay thing a little.
A good tip, you have to make sure you describe rips, with the risk of losing
the sale.
Also I now disclose that the items are used, have imperfections, etc,
and list as-is.
Probably you got a gem of a buyer to deal with,
beleive me I have had the same problem.
I now state so there is no misunderstanding " As-is, All sales final"
period!
What has she asked you to do, refund the money?
Give a discount?
Take the item back?
If so, you can call her bluff, tell her to ship the damn thing back, refund
her money !

om...

Old May 21st 04, 04:12 AM
Vanessa

See the thing is, I was selling this for a friend, and on my ebay
selling page I did have a fine print mentioning it was as is, and no
refund or anything. I also mentioned in the fine print "just for mean
customers" you know, I put in there I have to say this even if it is
in perfect condition. Some items may have spots on it or possible
rips. Stuff like that. So therefor when she agreed to buying it,
she agreed to the whole thing on the web site. Like signing a
contract in a since. I think she just wanted to complain to get her
money back or something who knows. I did not see a rip on the box,
and she did, maybe perhaps it was the postal service, hard saying.
Thank you for responding.

Vanessa

. ..

Old May 23rd 04, 04:37 PM
Nurse Edna

Folks who collect NRFB dolls expect a perfect doll and a prefect box.
Thee are many perfect CPKs out there so any deviation from perfect
does devalue them considerably. Any flaws should be mentioned.
I would refund her money.
She is actually 78 years away form being an antique

On 16 May 2004 12:22:03 -0700, (Vanessa) wrote:

[...]

CPK Dolls & Misc Items--- FS Sue from NY General 0 August 28th 03 05:53 PM
CPK Dolls & Misc. Items--- F S Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 28th 03 05:49 PM
CPK D O L L S FS Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 19th 03 04:30 AM
CPK Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 19th 03 04:12 AM
CPK Items For Sale!!! Disregard Below - Sorry Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 08:48 PM