Thought of the Day

Old July 31st 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael Ng

Default Thought of the Day

Hello all,

I have decided to start my own coin dealership. Capital will be
provided by myself. To compete with people Wes Chormicle, here is my
philosophy.

-- Buy at 30% below bid, sell at 30% above ask
-- Provide no customer service
-- Offer only cryptic price sheets
-- Grading will be by using my own standards
-- No return privileges on coins.

It will be named the "Evil Coin Service" and will commence
business on August 1st.

Thanks,

Mike
Old July 31st 06, 11:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Michael Ng" wrote in message
Hello all,

I have decided to start my own coin dealership. Capital will be provided
by myself. To compete with people Wes Chormicle, here is my philosophy.

-- Buy at 30% below bid, sell at 30% above ask
-- Provide no customer service
-- Offer only cryptic price sheets
-- Grading will be by using my own standards
-- No return privileges on coins.

It will be named the "Evil Coin Service" and will commence business on
August 1st.

Thanks,

Mike

Great! Just send me some coins and a bill invoice if this is within your
philosophy.

Bruce

Old July 31st 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Xnt023

Mike presented the following Business Plan, in part:

I have decided to start my own coin dealership. Capital will be
provided by myself. To compete with people Wes Chormicle, here is my
philosophy.

-- Buy at 30% below bid, sell at 30% above ask
-- Provide no customer service
-- Offer only cryptic price sheets
-- Grading will be by using my own standards
-- No return privileges on coins.

Hi Mike:

I think your proposed purchase price is too high. I suggest you do your
buying from China.

KV

Old August 1st 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

Michael Ng wrote:
Hello all,

I have decided to start my own coin dealership. Capital will be
provided by myself. To compete with people Wes Chormicle, here is my
philosophy.

-- Buy at 30% below bid, sell at 30% above ask
-- Provide no customer service
-- Offer only cryptic price sheets
-- Grading will be by using my own standards
-- No return privileges on coins.

It will be named the "Evil Coin Service" and will commence
business on August 1st.

Thanks,

Mike

No good, Mike. Get rid of the bid/ask sheets and the cryptic price
sheets. Buy at 30% below last year's Blue Book and sell at 100% above
this year's Red Book. Explain that the Red Book prices do not reflect
the current booming coin market. For added effect, make sure both Blue
and Red Books are hardcover and show some wear on the covers. This
would indicate heavy use, so "it must be true."

To protect yourself from lawsuits, make sure there's some tiny print
underneath your sign that says "we grade to our own standards, not the
ANA's." Other grading services do this, so why should you be any
different?

Oh yeah, your phone number should be unlisted and unpublished.

Jerry