Why people still don't like bonds.......

Old July 9th 03, 06:16 AM
LARGE EYES

Default Why people still don't like bonds.......

found this on sportsline..........

Bonds to skip Home Run Derby

SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco Giants slugger Barry Bonds will skip the Home
Run Derby before the All-Star Game next week in Chicago.

When asked why he won't participate, Bonds told a group of reporters, "Because
I'm a grown man and I don't have to do it."

"Did Michael Jordan play in the slamfest every year?" Bonds said. "Nobody asked
him why. I'm 30-something years old. They didn't even ask me. Go ahead and get
mad at me. Say what you want, but no."

Old July 9th 03, 06:31 PM
Johndaigle1

im guessing you dont like him also..
hes the best player in baseball by a long ways...he deserves to do what he
wants...

Old July 10th 03, 02:46 AM
LARGE EYES

In article , "Knoblockhead"
writes:

Please. Who cares about the home run derby anyway?

kh

That's not my point. My point is he just acted like the jerk he is in his
quotes. He could have simply said I want to spend time with my family, or I
feel like recuperating. Instead he had to act like his normal ass self.
Old July 10th 03, 02:46 AM
LARGE EYES

In article Xf%Oa.20860$ye4.16777@sccrnsc01, "William R. Altman"
writes:

im guessing you dont like him also..
hes the best player in baseball by a long ways...he deserves to do what he
wants...

amen to that.
Ron

Sure he does, but why be so ****y about it?
Old July 10th 03, 07:02 AM
Anthony Myers 22

im guessing you dont like him also..
hes the best player in baseball by a long ways...he deserves to do what he
wants...

amen to that.

How good do you have to be before it's okay to act like a jerk? Any hitter over
..300 with more than 30 home runs in a season - something like that? What's the
cut-off?

Old July 10th 03, 06:49 PM
Ryan Cracknell

Don't forget that quotes can be taken out of context. I'd like to see what
the reporter was saying before Bonds said this. My guess is that he was
pestering him to the point where he finally gave up.